Author Topic: Who came up with the Oceanic 6 Story?  (Read 5534 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Who came up with the Oceanic 6 Story?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »
Kate would loose Aaron, he would go to his grandmother and the trial would have been a lie and she would go to jail.

I've only just realised that Jack could also be jailed for perjury, if it's revealed that his testimony was basically all lies.

They must be fairly confident that one or more of The Marooned won't appear off-Island any time soon.

This raises the following points:

01. Surely Jack must have been told exactly how many bodies were recovered from the fake wreckage? Jack couldn't plausibly state a definitive number of crash-survivors, if (for instance) all but five of the bodies were accounted for;

02. Desmond is either still on the Island or is in hiding with Penny;

03. Whomever is in the coffin and used an alias, is most probably another of the 815 passengers. Why else use an alias? Desmond wouldn't need to; neither would Juliet or even Ben (once he is dead).

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 08:02:12 AM »
01. Surely Jack must have been told exactly how many bodies were recovered from the fake wreckage? Jack couldn't plausibly state a definitive number of crash-survivors, if (for instance) all but five of the bodies were accounted for

I thought they were all confirmed dead. Naomi said it, it was on radio and tv, I think Tom said it too. No bodies were recovered.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »
I thought they were all confirmed dead. Naomi said it, it was on radio and tv, I think Tom said it too. No bodies were recovered.

I've just scoured the transcript of the 'Confirmed Dead' episode at Lostpedia and it appears that nobody actually uses the phrase "confirmed dead" throughout the whole episode. The irony!

There were bodies found. However, they were presumably so mangled in the wreckage that it would be difficult to recover them all. This is from the Lostpedia transcript of 'Confirmed Dead':

TV REPORTER: ...recovery of the bodies will be next to impossible. We can only hope that identification will provide closure to the families of the victims. Unquote.

and...

FRANK: Doesn't matter who I am, you're showing footage of Seth Norris and that's not him, listen, this guy married his high school sweetheart at nineteen, he always wore his wedding ring and I'm telling you there's no ring on that body.

There's a little more of the news report during 'Meet Kevin Johnson'. This is from the Lostpedia transcript of 'Meet Kevin Johnson':

FEMALE ANCHOR: At these tremendous depths, there is little hope of recovering any remains. Investigators are equally skeptical about the chances of retrieving Oceanic 815's black box. The real story behind what happened to this fateful airliner may have been lost along with the 324 passengers onboard. But even with this tragic discovery, the victims' families were hoping today...

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 12:42:38 PM »

03. Whomever is in the coffin and used an alias, is most probably another of the 815 passengers. Why else use an alias? Desmond wouldn't need to; neither would Juliet or even Ben (once he is dead).

I think it's Michael. He already had a alias once. He can do it again. He had a son (which is what the obit says) and we all know he wanted to commit suicide. and no one was very happy to see him again hence the empty funeral parlor. I think it is safe to say its him. Well, I take that back, Nothing is really safe to say when it comes to lost but it's a pretty good deduction.   :-\

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

This has been bugging me...

I just re-read the transcript of 'The Brig' at Lostpedia and Naomi tells Sayid that all the bodies were found (if not recovered).

SAYID: You told my friends the wreckage of Flight 815 was discovered. Did you mean the partial wreckage?

NAOMI: No. They found the entire plane off the coast of Bali. In an ocean trench four miles deep. They sent down cameras in these little robots to survey the wreck. The bodies were all there.

SAYID: Well, obviously we're not dead.

NAOMI: Obviously.

Now, Naomi could have been lying about this - but why would she?

Something's not adding-up.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

I think it's Michael. He already had a alias once. He can do it again. He had a son (which is what the obit says) and we all know he wanted to commit suicide. and no one was very happy to see him again hence the empty funeral parlor. I think it is safe to say its him. Well, I take that back, Nothing is really safe to say when it comes to lost but it's a pretty good deduction.   :-\

I think it's Michael too, but we don't know for sure that the person in the coffin is using an alias. The headline of the obit didn't include a name and the body is not to be trusted. But we'll know in 5 hours!!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »
I      CAN'T       WAIT    !!!!!    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was Jack that made up the story, but remember it was at Lock's suggestion, to keep everyone else "safe". Jack is having some real issue's dealing with the fact that he left the island when he probably knows he shouldn't have. ?????