Author Topic: Who came up with the Oceanic 6 Story?  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Who came up with the Oceanic 6 Story?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
Sayid frequently goes against Jack in plans.  Why would he change now?  Hmmm.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »
I thought Jack was sitting next to Sayid. (or Hurley... have to rewatch)

As I remember,

Kate holding arron/Hurley/Sun/Sayid, on the right hand side of screen,

Lonely Jack on the left,

As I said the looks he was getting when detailing the lie, seemed to be somewhat responsible for the lie,

Hurley was on the same side as Jack.

Noted,

Apparently my memory is shot.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »
Either Widmore or Ben came up with the story, I think.

It couldn't just be the six of them since they have to get to the fake Islands, get set up in a fake raft, get pictures taken etc, etc.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
I don't think any of them "liked" the story except Jack and Kate, which makes me think there is A LOT to hide!
i agree except i don't think jack and kate even "liked" the story.  i think that, for whatever reason, they all realize they have to be part of this coverup.  i think the story was probably mostly formed by jack with some input from the others & ben.  i think it was a group effort to make it believable and plausable.  i think that even though they all wanted off the island, they are still sad because they are all leaving people they have learned to care about behind.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »
i think that even though they all wanted off the island, they are still sad because they are all leaving people they have learned to care about behind.[/color]

I absolutely agree with this part. I think there will be some kind of deal with Ben and Locke as well. We'll let the abandoned Losties live in peace if you promise never to reveal the existence of this Island.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »
Either Widmore or Ben came up with the story, I think.

It couldn't just be the six of them since they have to get to the fake Islands, get set up in a fake raft, get pictures taken etc, etc.

Surely Sayid would have mentioned something to Ben about this, when they met-up later in Tikrit?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »
I'm thinking that the reason every one looked like they didn't like the story is because they were upset that they even had to make up a story in the first place. That every crazy thing they have been through is now like it never existed. (I am wondering if maybe the 6 got off the island and couldn't find the island after it was moved so they couldn't go back and rescue every one else).

Besides, How could they possibly tell the real story? Who would believe them? And the people who would believe them would kill for the information that they have (or think they have) So I think it was a unanimous decision to tell a story. Between every one. Ben, the 6 and the ones left behind. 

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »
The Oceanic 6 left the island in the 108th day. 108 is the sum of "The Numbers".

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
The Oceanic 6 left the island in the 108th day. 108 is the sum of "The Numbers".
I thought that was interesting too ;)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
I think they came up with it on their own.  I don't think Widmore or Ben came up with it at all.  With the way everything is happening so quickly and chaotically, I can't imagine Ben being like, ok you six can leave, now let's work on the story for a couple hours... and where would Widmore come from at all?  I think their "rescue" is going to be hectic and chaotic and I think those six will just happen to escape by chance.

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
I AGREE!!! ITS GOING TO MAKE FOR AN EXCITING FINALE!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »
I think they came up with it on their own.  I don't think Widmore or Ben came up with it at all.  With the way everything is happening so quickly and chaotically, I can't imagine Ben being like, ok you six can leave, now let's work on the story for a couple hours... and where would Widmore come from at all?  I think their "rescue" is going to be hectic and chaotic and I think those six will just happen to escape by chance.

I think there'll be a plan with some powerful people behind it. Most likely either Ben or Charles, but it could be Penny. They've got to journey 1000 miles or so to get to the place they're to be "found". They won't get there on their own.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »
I still think the 6 are allowed to leave, but they have to tell this story
and can never tell the true story to nobody.
So I think Ben comes up with the story. He is the only one who always has a plan.

According to me if the island didn't want them to leave there would be no way for them
to leave. They leave, because this 6 have to, somehow.
Maybe moving the island is too dangerous for Aaron, because they go back to a time before he was born.
But there have to be some consequences of telling the 'real story' once they get off the island, or the lie doesn't mean anything.

In other words, ok they are lying in the press conference.  But what's to stop them from telling the truth once they are away from the press or from the Oceanic representatives?  Nothing!

So there have to be some serious consequences for telling the truth or revealing anything about the island once they reach the real world again.  Otherwise, you would see book deals and movie deals signed by the Oceanic 6 to make millions off of their ordeal or just to spill the beans.

My guess is that they somehow find out that by revealing the truth, their friends left on the island will all be killed...hence, Jack's now infamous cry- "we have to go baaaaaaaaaaack!" (to try to rescue the remaining survivors).

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »
I agree T. If they go public bad things happen back on Lostie Isle.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 07:16:53 AM »
But there have to be some consequences of telling the 'real story' once they get off the island, or the lie doesn't mean anything.

Kate would loose Aaron, he would go to his grandmother and the trial would have been a lie and she would go to jail.
Jack knows it and according to me that's what makes him feel so bad and why he doesn't want to see Aaron. He loves Kate, but after talking to Claire's mom, he knows it is wrong that Kate has Aaron, but he can't tell the real story if he wants to protect Kate.
Sayid works for Ben and Ben gave him the idea that he has to kill Widmorepeople to protect his friends
and by telling the real story they could end like Nadia.
Sun had to leave the island to survive. She has her own plan and that is not telling the real story, or maybe she works for Ben too to protect or revenge Jin.
Hurley sees numbers everywhere and is hunted by dead people. He is under pressure. Jack doesn't want him to tell the true story and Charlie doesn't want him to and scary people, like Abbadon, visit him and ask questions. I think he is to scared to tell the true story, because, like me, he doesn't know who is good and who is bad anymore.