Author Topic: Desmond can not die  (Read 7178 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond can not die
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »
Maybe Penny's boat shows up, and Desmond and a few others get on it, and Just then, Keamy dies, and the boat blows up. Easy way to show the point of the C-4, and have no one die, especially because Desmond is my boy. As for defusing it, I'm pretty sure that the defusing would have even less of a sophisticated fail safe. If I'm remembering correctly, if the circuit is disturbed at all, then the C-4 will go off, but I'm not expert.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »
See the thing is is that there is an electronic circuit triggering all these big blocks of c4.   So shouldnt you be able to just pull the wires out of the c4 and your good

Then just through the c4 overbouard if you really want to be safe.
Pulling wires out of an unstable compound is not exactly the safest way to go. Again, I'm not a C4 expert, but I do know that some bombs are rigged so that if a wrong wire is cut, the whole thing goes up in smoke. This is why they have to cut the correct wire to defuse a bomb. I'm assuming that this C4 bomb is as simple as that.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
I am.  You can wad up C-4 and throw it at somebody with no effect.  Till you have a detonator attached it's like play dough.

I'd rather a lot of other people die before Des. 

Cut the red wire!!  It's always the red wire!

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
See the thing is is that there is an electronic circuit triggering all these big blocks of c4.   So shouldnt you be able to just pull the wires out of the c4 and your good

Then just through the c4 overbouard if you really want to be safe.

I'm pretty sure they'll have some sort of device hooked up to the C4 that will set it off if the wiring is disconnected, or else the whole thing is pointless.
They may have some kind of pressure switch under the pile of C4. If that much C4 goes off......you wouldn't need the orchid to move the island. the blast would send the island and everyone on it into orbit!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
I am.  You can wad up C-4 and throw it at somebody with no effect.  Till you have a detonator attached it's like play dough.

I'd rather a lot of other people die before Des. 

Cut the red wire!!  It's always the red wire!
What if you paint the red wire blue? ;)

I'm assuming it will be typical bomb on screen story. Someone is randomly a bomb expert, probably sayid, and he cuts the red wire just before Keamy blows everything up.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »

They may have some kind of pressure switch under the pile of C4. If that much C4 goes off......you wouldn't need the orchid to move the island. the blast would send the island and everyone on it into orbit!!
good point....it would be a beacon to the location of the island...you only need a small amount of C-4 and really if you wanted to destroy the ship, a well placed brick by the hull or even on the engine would do the job nicely...talk about overkill - keamy has gone round the bend.....

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
We have seen Desmond be noble and sacrifice himself (ie: turning the key not knowing what would happen)....he could say goodbye to Penny again while trying to save everyone on the freighter.....he could slip through time again not knowing he can do that since he already became unstuck accidentally perhaps he can do it willingly...possibly like Richard Alpert......

I don't think he would do it again.  He sacrificed himself before because he realized he crashed the plane, plus he has no hope of ever seeing Penny again at that point.  Now he feels they could be reunited at any moment.  No way he takes one for the team.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
unless they return to the island...

That would be worse than exploding. Staying another three years on the island waiting for Penny to find him.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 11:17:10 AM »
as far as the c-4 goes i think they may need Sayid for that!

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »
as far as the c-4 goes i think they may need Sayid for that!
Don't forget Jin was in the army too.....there were pictures of him in his uniform on the wall in his father's house. That was the EP when Sun went to visit Jin's father.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot about that!!

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 02:44:49 PM »
Terry O'Quinn attempted it in the X Files movies.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »

That would be worse than exploding. Staying another three years on the island waiting for Penny to find him.

How about Penny comes to rescue Desmond and they both end up on the island somehow?

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 03:17:48 PM »

How about Penny comes to rescue Desmond and they both end up on the island somehow?

i like them as Adam and Eve much more than the Kate and Jack theory.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »

But then Ben would find her and kill her...oh the tragedy of it all!