Author Topic: Christian's Eulogy  (Read 10977 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Christian's Eulogy
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:57 AM »
Nobody has mentioned this yet, so I will.  When Jack was delivering the eulogy he said it was about ten months ago that he was sitting in Sydney airport thinking about what he would say at Christian's funeral.  Christian died in September of the previous year, so the funeral must have been in July.  Why wait so long to have the service?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
Yeah, I wondered about that too. At first I thought maybe there's more time than we think before they all get on the C-130, but that doesn't square very well with Aaron's cover up age. Plus I think they talked about day 108 as the day they arrived on the inhabited Island, so it sounds like they waited almost seven more months... Add it to the list of mysteries.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Jack said he had a lot of practice.

I'm curious what exactly he meant.
I think he meant for all the eulogies he had to give on the island

I think that Jack is referring to the eulogies on the island, but as far as those who buy the cover story are concerned, perhaps he had to give some eulogies at the funerals of other "dead" 815ers?  ...as someone who was with them when they died?  Just a thought...

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »
Hmmm.... I thought it meant he was always saying goodbye to his father. As in his father was never there when he was growing up....

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 02:16:48 AM »
Nobody has mentioned this yet, so I will.  When Jack was delivering the eulogy he said it was about ten months ago that he was sitting in Sydney airport thinking about what he would say at Christian's funeral.  Christian died in September of the previous year, so the funeral must have been in July.  Why wait so long to have the service?

They could have waited so long because there was no body.?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 02:17:39 AM »
or since he was at the Sydney airport (on the Island) he had a lot of time to think about what he would say at the eulogy, or he had literally done it before (time-warp.)

500th!
Congrats!

Thank you!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »

Ummmm, because they were trapped on a mysterious island?? But seriously. Probably so much B.S. they had to deal with after getting home with Lawyers, and television reporters, newspapers, etc. Probably figured it would make more sense to wait until after everything cooled off for the most part. I don't see anything suspicious about it, do you??

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 11:48:51 PM »

Ummmm, because they were trapped on a mysterious island?? But seriously. Probably so much B.S. they had to deal with after getting home with Lawyers, and television reporters, newspapers, etc. Probably figured it would make more sense to wait until after everything cooled off for the most part. I don't see anything suspicious about it, do you??
They were trapped on a desert island for about 108 days, so they were rescued about Jan 7, 2005.  Christian's service was about six months after the rescue.  I think it's very odd.  You don't need a body to have a memorial service.  Like I said, why wait so long?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:54:41 PM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »

I think it's very odd.  You don't need a body to have a memorial service. 

But you do need time.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:34 AM »
aaaagggghhhh!! i'm still torn. i can't decide!

glad I am not the only one! Thanks for being there. Maybe we should start a support group?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
Jack said he had a lot of practice.

I'm curious what exactly he meant.
I think he meant for all the eulogies he had to give on the island

I think that Jack is referring to the eulogies on the island, but as far as those who buy the cover story are concerned, perhaps he had to give some eulogies at the funerals of other "dead" 815ers?  ...as someone who was with them when they died?  Just a thought...

Jack didn't give all the Eulogys on the island

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 12:29:38 PM »
But he did give enough.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »
someone compile a list of Eulogys

Hurley did Libby's

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
Claire eulogized the dead when they burned the bodies.  (Jack said funerals aren't his "thing".) 

Hurley eulogized Scott. 

Sayid delivered Boone's eulogy, and later Shannon's.  After Sayid gave the eulogy for Shannon, Jack stepped up to the edge of the grave and threw in a fistful of sand, saying "May she rest in peace." 

Jack eulogized Ana-Lucia.

Hurley eulogized Libby. 

Locke eulogized Eko. 

Hurley delivered Nikki and Paulo's eulogies. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:26:39 PM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
Thanks SOL on that recap   :)