Author Topic: Christian's Eulogy  (Read 11948 times)

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Christian's Eulogy
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
Jack said he had a lot of practice.

I'm curious what exactly he meant.
I think he meant for all the eulogies he had to give on the island

Absolutely what he meant

Saying he had a lot of time to practice, obviously is going to be taken by the press and everyone else as him having 108 days on a deserted island to collect his thoughts, we as viewers know how many eulogies he has given on the island.  He may have meant that but I'm sure he knew that everyone would take it as him just having a lot of time to think about it. 

I mean, really when has he had a lot of time to think about his father's eulogy on the island??  He's been too busy looking for guns, chasing others, avoiding smoke monsters, rescuing friends, playing doctor, finding abandoned hatches, playing golf, making bad decisions, falling in love with Kate, and annoying Sawyer. 

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
Jack said he had a lot of practice.

I'm curious what exactly he meant.
I think he meant for all the eulogies he had to give on the island

Absolutely what he meant

I would agree with this except that what other eulogies?

We know he gave several, but since the plane crashed and only 8 survive, 2 die later I would not say 2 eulogies is alot of practice, would you?

Now seeing another post in this thread, if he said "alot of TIME to practice" That would fly with me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:42:23 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »
I too thought he just meant that he had been on an island for 3 months with nothing to do but practice and think about his eulogy to his father.  I think this is what he meant and how everyone else took it.  As far as the world is concerned they were just sitting on an island all alone waiting to be rescued.  That's a lot of time to think about what you want to say at your father's funeral.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »
Well, Jack said that to Kate in private, so it has to be fan service about the people on the island that died and he gave eulogies for.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
Well, Jack said that to Kate in private, so it has to be fan service about the people on the island that died and he gave eulogies for.

Ahh,

I thought he said that on the podium,

thanks,

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 04:49:34 PM »

Ahh,

I thought he said that on the podium,

thanks,

It's what I do. I am a posting machine today.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

Are you sure?  I thought he said it up on the podium too.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure. On the podium, he said he wrote down what he wrote on a bar napkin, but he couldn't remember it now. I might be wrong, but I don't see the sense in repeating himself. If I remember right, he said it to Kate on the side, and then Claire's mom walked over to talk to Jack.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure. On the podium, he said he wrote down what he wrote on a bar napkin, but he couldn't remember it now. I might be wrong, but I don't see the sense in repeating himself. If I remember right, he said it to Kate on the side, and then Claire's mom walked over to talk to Jack.

Yes, he said it privately to Kate, and the way he said it brought to mind all the eulogies he had to say on the island because that task seemed to fall to him. Seemed like what he was saying was something like, "unfortunately, as we both know, we've been through a lot of sh*t and a lot of our friends have died on that island...and you're the only one that knows how sad I am about that."

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
Okay, I guess i was just getting things mixed up.  I've only watched it once so far. :)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »
Jack hasn't said all the eulogy's on the island. He was MIA for one I know of and another I beleive was Hurley speaking for Nikki and Paulo and lest not forget Libby.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
I'm going to scan that crowd of people and see if anybody we know was sat there.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 12:36:55 AM »
I'm going to scan that crowd of people and see if anybody we know was sat there.

Sat where??

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »

Sat where??

In the church.  ???

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »

Sat where??

In the church.  ???

My bad. I thought you meant like, right next to Jack and Kate while they were talking. LOL wow, I think I'm trying to find things that aren't there. I should go outside or something.