Author Topic: Sun vs Father  (Read 9148 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: Sun vs Father
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 01:47:58 PM »
He may be dead, may not...

Her demeanor, even when she told Jack "We are in shock." Seemed startled...in shock...but not someone in shock over a loss*...They'd all cleaned up, we are missing some time between their "rescue from Ambivalence Island" and the plane ride...how long was that?

Was it quick, or a few days/weeks between rescue and news conference and she's in shock that: 

a. Jin blew up
b. Jin had to stay behind
c. The seats on the plane are uncomfortable

*rewatching that right now, she does not seem like a woman whom has just lost her husband...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:09:25 PM by Staggerlee »
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »
It seemed like it was totally foreshadowing that the boat was going to blow up with Jin on it.  And yes I totally thought "Go Sun" after that little exchange with her father. 

It also seems very possible that Sun found out her father was involved in the whole thing because when she said two people are responsible and you're one of them she didn't explain why.  It seemed like he just knew why she was saying that.

If he was involved in it somehow, his company somehow, she runs it now...neat little side burrow in this rabbit hole....

F. Bacon

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
That assumes that someone tells her about him and his involvement.

In the episode where Sun needs money from her father to pay to Jin's mother that is blackmailing her, she says to mr. Paik
that she exactly knows what he does for work, but never spoke about it. Than he gives her the money.
Maybe she knows more than we think.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
Hello daddy.  I'll be keeping your balls right here in my purse from now on.  Awesome!
ROFLMAO!!!! Classic, Asmo ... just ... classic
Still think Jin's alive, on the moved island that the 6 were not on when it moved.  Sun blames her father and...Jack!

I think we'll find he has to make a command decision to save all he can and Jin just isn't in the right place when it happens.  Notice the utter despair on all their faces on the plane ride home.  "We are in shock" she says. Something big happened very quickly and they were on the outside of it.
love this!!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Sun was so awesome in that episode.  I don't want Jin to be dead, but I also agree with the people who are saying that she could be blaming Jack as the second person.  My top three possibilities are: Jack, Michael, Or herself. 

First off, Jin has to die, because the season finale is coming up, and no one has actually died yet (no one get on me about Claire) I think the other person she is going to blame is going to be Widmore.

Okay, I'm quotting myself again, sorry, but I just watched the episode over lunch, and the direct quote from Sun to her father is this...

"Two people are responsible for his [Jin's] death."

Now, Since it's painfully obvious that her father had some direct link via Widmore to the island, if Jin weren't really dead, she wouldn't have said that. She would have said something like, "Two people are responsible for what happened to him", or something to that effect. Which would make the question of Jin's death more up for arguement.

Offline Gizmogrl83

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
Sun is hot

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
Yeah, she really is.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
Sun was so awesome in that episode.  I don't want Jin to be dead, but I also agree with the people who are saying that she could be blaming Jack as the second person.  My top three possibilities are: Jack, Michael, Or herself. 

First off, Jin has to die, because the season finale is coming up, and no one has actually died yet (no one get on me about Claire) I think the other person she is going to blame is going to be Widmore.
YO...how about Alex,Karl,and Rousseau......what are they DOG POOP?

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »

Karl, Yeah.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »

Karl, Yeah.
LOL....very good!!

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

Karl, Yeah.
LOL....very good!!

;D

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »
Hello daddy.  I'll be keeping your balls right here in my purse from now on.  Awesome!
ROFLMAO!!!! Classic, Asmo ... just ... classic
Still think Jin's alive, on the moved island that the 6 were not on when it moved.  Sun blames her father and...Jack!

I think we'll find he has to make a command decision to save all he can and Jin just isn't in the right place when it happens.  Notice the utter despair on all their faces on the plane ride home.  "We are in shock" she says. Something big happened very quickly and they were on the outside of it.
love this!!

What about the 4 others that left with Jin and sun and arron, on the zodiac?

They were not on the island when it moved either?

they were just killed off?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »

Yeah basically, I never really liked any of them. But you make a good point, I forgot about them for a second there.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 04:51:19 PM »
Who is the other person responsible for his death in addition to Sun's father, Mr. Paik?
*climbing out on a limb (with saw under arm)* Jin's mother?  ???

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
I'm willing to follow you to some dark and scary places...but that limb looks a bit rotted...I'll stay back here to call the paramedics when it breaks...

(if it does, if it doesn't I'll be the first to stand tall and tug on my lapels sayin' "I knew Shoeless was right all along! Just knew it! That Shoe gots the moxie to stand tall, and I'm right there next to 'em *smugly chomps on unlit half cigar like a overweight Southern Politician circa 1935*)

F. Bacon