Author Topic: So, Aaron's "mom" is really Kate . . . . .  (Read 9030 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: So, Aaron's "mom" is really Kate . . . . .
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 03:18:34 AM »
Well I know how many people have said...how are they going to explain this...and they did it just like I said it would happen, deny, evade, elude....just dont answer the question....
I mean how many times do we see someone on the news, political, buisness or whatever, and we know they are lying...but no one investigates further, or even cares...its not that far fetched..

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 03:26:08 AM »
Well I know how many people have said...how are they going to explain this...and they did it just like I said it would happen, deny, evade, elude....just dont answer the question....
I mean how many times do we see someone on the news, political, buisness or whatever, and we know they are lying...but no one investigates further, or even cares...its not that far fetched..

That's not what happened. The reporter didn't get to ask a question concerning Kate's alledged pregnancy because the Oceanic spokesperson said "No questions about her legal issues", even though his question was not about Kate's legal issues.

And the fact that they had the question being raised suspiciously to begin with is what many like myself were referring to all along as well...that Kate giving birth after the crash would raise all kinds of questions about the timeline and how it wouldn't match up. Saying "things like that happen all the time, pregnant women often don't 'show' when they're six months, etc, etc" just didn't wash as a good enough explanation, and the writers must have felt the same way or else why have a reporter start to ask about that very aspect.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 03:31:11 AM »
and we know it doesnt match up

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 03:35:45 AM »
Yes, the cover up story is...Kate is really Aarons mom...a question alot of people were wondering a few epi's ago...

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 04:14:58 AM »
Yes, the cover up, etc.,etc. But do the math it could be seen plausible to the press that Kate was around 6 months pregnant when caught - do we know exactly how long she was in custody before she was on the plane - wouldn't there be an extradition hearing or something. And even if she she was extradited immediately, the baby could easily be born healthy at 8 months, and Kate was on the lam -- it could be explained that she didn't see a dr and didn't really know how long she was.  I'm detailing a plausible cover story - yes I'm aware Kate's not the mom -- but some of the time tables are a little vague at this point

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »
I don't like the answer at all, but already stated that in another thread.

Next question. Eight survived and two died. It are not Jin or Claire or the marshall.
Who died in the coverstory and where are the bodies?

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »
There is no way that Aaron is a five week old baby...no intelligent person could buy that story. I thought she made a mistake and meant to say 5 months.(depending on the date that they returned to the U.S.  It must be in January or February). I suppose they are trying to connect her pregnancy back to her being on the run.  Her husband Kevin's child? I do not remember how much time elapsed since her wedding and going to Australia getting caught and crashing on the Island
Since she is indicating a pregnancy occuring some 10 months or so previous some "Dad " must be counting the days and wanting to cash in on the baby's portion of the Oceanic 6 monies. Or is that just too synical? I never understood how she would intent to pretend this is her baby since a routine woman's doctor's visit would prove she never gave birth.  Oh well, it is t.v. drama.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »
Aaron is VALIS the producers made enough overblown references to PhillpK Dick's book even with a big close up o fit with Ben holding it.The message from Chalrie Hurley gave Jack,from Christain said as much, Jack is not to raise him, (the island is).VALIS in the book is named Emanuel.Aaron and Emanuel,go back ot Eko' speech to Claire.

Aaron is not a "Normal baby"

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2008, 04:18:06 PM »
Aaron is VALIS the producers made enough overblown references to PhillpK Dick's book even with a big close up o fit with Ben holding it.The message from Chalrie Hurley gave Jack,from Christain said as much, Jack is not to raise him, (the island is).VALIS in the book is named Emanuel.Aaron and Emanuel,go back ot Eko' speech to Claire.

Aaron is not a "Normal baby"

is there a thread that explains what that means

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
How old is Aaron really?  He wasn't born until they had been on the island for a month or a month and a half right?  So that would make him a little more than a month and a half old right now, or somewhere between six and eight weeks.  So they aren't that far off with his age.  They could just say he was a big baby.  Plus, the real reason he doesn't look five and a half weeks old is because they always cast older babies to play newborns anyway on any tv show, even "normal" shows.  So that's just a casting issue, not just because there's a fluke in their story.

Kate could have been six months pregnant at time of getting to the island and given birth to a perfectly healthy baby at 8 months.  How many people actually saw her before she left on the plane.  I don't think there were pictures of her all over the place.  No one would have known if she was pregnant or not.  They probably only saw a mugshot, which doesn't show the stomach anyway.  No one in the regular world knew the plane was going to crash so it's not like they all memorized all the passengers bodies before they left.

Offline HugeJohnLockeFan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
How can they honestly get away with saying the kid is only 5 weeks old... oh well

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
The Powers want us to accept that this is plausible presumably because of some dramatic twist down the road. As Juggy says it may unravel in time.

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
I don't think the point of the reporter's question was to cast doubt on Kate being the mother, I think it was more to break the news that she had been arrested right before the plane ride.  It's probably safe to assume that wasn't common knowledge yet, otherwise why wouldn't Kate have been immediately arrested upon getting off the plane?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 03:48:48 AM »
Why is Kate so desperate to keep Aaron?

Why couldn't Jack have told the media that Claire was one of the O2 whom died, but she died after giving birth? They could then place Aaron in the care of the Australian authorities until he was placed with Claire's family.

Is it also possible that Carole (Claire's mother) has found out that Claire was pregnant and has suspicions about Aaron's parentage? Is this why she chose to tell Jack at the memorial service that he was related to Claire (to prick his conscience into telling the truth)?

Then there's the whole thing about the psychic telling Claire that a couple in L.A. (Jack and Kate?) would keep Aaron "safe" in they adopted him.

Has Kate been ordered to take care of Aaron - either by Claire or Ben?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 07:51:29 AM »
Why couldn't Jack have told the media that Claire was one of the O2 whom died, but she died after giving birth?
Newborn's have to eat. If there isn't a mother who feeds them, they die on an island with no powdermilk. Even if there was a cow on the island, the baby cannot drink that milk or eat banana's or other solid food. The only way Aaron could survive was if his mother was there to feed him. I really don't know how he survived from the moment Sawyer took him till the moment the 6 come in the real world. The Kate being Aaron's mother doesn't make sense. I already repeated it too much and I promised to stop about it.

Then there's the whole thing about the psychic telling Claire that a couple in L.A. (Jack and Kate?) would keep Aaron "safe" in they adopted him.
I believe that except for Sun they all live in LA. Nadia was shot near her and Sayid's appartment in L.A., I think Hurley is there too.