Author Topic: Alex/Horace/Purge  (Read 4717 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Alex/Horace/Purge
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
Yep, you got me there on all counts. You're right, I don't know jack sh*t. I guess I'm the stupid one.

You're not stupid.  :-*

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
My point is...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Cooper is John's dad, and virtually no evidence to the contrary other than speculation and some very arguable kidney transplant technology data (which is contrary to common belief - i.e., your average Lost viewer - and certainly inconsistent to TV transplant dramas).

In short...Cooper is John's dad until something even remotely plausible suggests otherwise.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »
My point is...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Cooper is John's dad, and virtually no evidence to the contrary other than speculation and some very arguable kidney transplant technology data (which is contrary to common belief - i.e., your average Lost viewer - and certainly inconsistent to TV transplant dramas).

In short...Cooper is John's dad until something even remotely plausible suggests otherwise.

I agree with you there. Zero evidence that he is not his Dad. This is not a soap opera were he is going to find his Dad is really Ben on his death bed.
They told us he is his dad, Cooper is the dad.

Next are we going to doubt who is Jack's dad, Hurley's dad etc.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 06:22:25 PM »

If by "they" you mean the show's writers, they've actually done the opposite - especially in the 'Cabin Fever' episode.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
I still wonder if immaculate conception is on the table.  We know she was running out of the house, but there was no proof given of any action.  What if she just was pregnant?  Hello, Anakin!

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

If by "they" you mean the show's writers, they've actually done the opposite - especially in the 'Cabin Fever' episode.

I must have missed it. When did they contradict this?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
Didn't Emily tell John that the immaculate conception story was garbage in the ep when she told him about Cooper?  Don't remember it's title, but it's the one that he bumps into her in the parking lot after she's been following him.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Oh, you're so practical.  ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »

Yeah, I don't what you mean by that

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 03:56:03 AM »

Yeah, I don't what you mean by that

We already discussed this, a few days ago.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=7871.msg392975#msg392975

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »
You're kidding, right?

First of all, the nurse asks, "Is that the father?" Perfectly legitimate question for some guy staring through the window at the baby. The mom replies: "I don't know who that is." Earlier, she appeared to know who Emily was seeing, so clearly this is not the same guy. Sure, it doesn't PROVE that Cooper is the other guy, but one can surmise that the guy Emily was seeing was the father (until any credible evidence suggesting otherwise).

Secondly, when Mrs Locke says "he's twice your age" it doesn't necessarily mean literally exactly twice her age. If she is 15, he could be 25 - I can tell you for sure that if either of my nieces (15 and 16) were dating someone even over 20, I might say the same thing.

So he could have been born in 1930-ish...which would make him roughly 70-75 in most of the shots (none later than 2004). Kevin Tighe is 64 years old. Plus he's a rich, devilish con man, of course he looks younger than his age (actually...remembering him from Emergency, the 70's TV show, I thought he was older myself).

It is entirely possible that Richard is the father. However, his mere appearance at Locke's infancy and childhood isn't very strong evidence to support that assumption. He also showed up when Ben was 12, does that make him Ben's dad too?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
Ben or the others saved Alex from the purge. Must of saved Karl also

Just how old was Karl meant to be? Late teens? Early twenties? How did he come to the Island? It was never really explained.
Mid to late teens. He looked younger than I.