Author Topic: Leader of the Island  (Read 2082 times)

Offline finding_lost88

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Leader of the Island
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:41:12 AM »
I just had a thought about Ben being in charge only some of the time. I recall a Greek play called Antigone where two brothers decided to take turns ruling their father's kingdom. The first, however, chose not to give up his rule. What if the opposite happened between Ben and Charles? Charles Widmore could have been a leader of sorts on the island, let Ben "rule" while he was gone, and Ben chose not to hand over the island. Maybe Jacob ruled before Widmore. Any thoughts my fellow losties?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Leader of the Island
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »
I don't think that this is what happened. I think Ben stole control of the island during the purge (or shortly thereafter when he became the leader).

(Welcome, and keep up the good posts!)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
I was on the thinking that there has possibly been a few island leaders.
We know that Ben is the "leader" of the OTHERRs when we first meet him. Now it seems the island wants Locke to be the leader and save the island. Could it be that Widmore, Christian, maybe Richard have been contacted by the "island" to be at one time the leaders?
I have a sneaky feeling that Locke may not be the one that the island wants as a leader but as someone that will do what they are told. This could be like Ben putting the spin on our Losties. Instead it's JACOB who is putting the spin to get Locke to do what it wants. Clair had a sneaky little smirk on her face when Locke asked what do I do. It seemed then they knew they has a "goat" for their plans.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
We still don't know when Ben and Charles became known to one another.

Offline Stardom009

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
that was my first thought with what he meant by saying the island was mine. that he was the leader before ben.
But oops that was the first time the others ,the ancients i like to call them ,brought the wrong chosen one to the island.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
Welcome, Finding!

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »
that was my first thought with what he meant by saying the island was mine. that he was the leader before ben.
But oops that was the first time the others ,the ancients i like to call them ,brought the wrong chosen one to the island.

We haven't been told who was the first leader and so on. It could have been Hanso for all we know that was first. We're not even sure how long the island has been around for to even make a educated guess on who's been a leader for the island.

I'm thinking they sacrifice their leaders, for the island of course.