Author Topic: It's Destiny!  (Read 5149 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: It's Destiny!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 04:21:54 AM »
Everyone at my house including me took it as a drawing of the Smoke Monster.  I think that is what Richard thought is was as well.
So why was there a guy laying on the ground, though? That seemed to indicate (to me, anyway), that it was Locke after the plane crash, laying on the ground. If it's the smoke monster, it would look as if it just killed someone.

Not everytime we have seen the monster has it killed someone.  Remember when it came out of the whole and was dragging John into it.    Seems like what it was to me.

Hmm...I think there would have been a hole drawn on the paper if that's what it was portraying, along with the smoke actually touching the stick figure. Plus, Richard smiled when he saw the drawing, both because it helped prove his theory that Locke may be "the one" and also because Locke crashing on the island would be seen as a significant and important event in Richard's eyes. Not sure why him being dragged into a hole by the smoke monster would be important to Richard, though.

So if its Smokie coming out of a hole there should be a hole.
No...if the drawing is of Locke being pulled down a hole by Smokie, there should be a hole.

but if it a plane on fire then there is no plane drawn.  And if it is the island on fire after Keamy and his crew blew it up then there is not island.   ODD ussumption i should say.
Actually, the "rubble" drawn beneath the smoke could be the plane wreckage. Or kindling lol.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:55 AM »
I didnt mean being pulled down the whole itself but being pulled toward the whole.

I really dont think is that important now other than that Richard was interested init.   I agree to disagree with anyone on this subject.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »
I think it was Smokie. Not sure if it was killing someone or pulling John's leg (so to speak).  ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »
i too thought it was smokey too.  looked to me like john staring smokey in the eye, sort of like what eko did.  maybe a scene we havent' seen yet.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was Smokey and John. I didn't really think he was "dead" because usually there are X's for eyes when dead.

Offline stinger456

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »
I took it as a prediction or destiny of his future that he would eventually discover the island, the plane would be a dead giveaway of what happens, so what would be the point of alpert recruiting if he knew he would find the island on his own terms. So I do think that was a picture from the pilot episode when Locke first reaches the island. I remember walt had a picture drawn too but i cant remember what it was. I think it was around the time the bird hit the window in a flashback with his mother and step father, this picture was shown, but its been a while since ive checked out the season 1 dvd's.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 07:08:31 PM by stinger456 »

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »
I thought the drawing was of the plane crash, except without showing the plane lol..Maybe it was the Smoke Monster?

I thought it was Smokey in the picture?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »
I think it was John being dragged down the hole. At the base of Smokey, it sorta looks like an actual hole there.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
My first impression was that it was smokie. It was nothing but black smoke and  a man laying down. then i thought it could be fire smoking. either way we all thought it was something that is connected with the island. and that is really all it was supposed to do . clue us in to the fact that john is special...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 08:37:46 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
So, is it destiny that Ben will summon smokie to take out John...........ding ding ding

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 05:21:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was Smokey and John. I didn't really think he was "dead" because usually there are X's for eyes when dead.

The expression on the face of the stick figure was definitely one of sadness...was a serious frown drawn on the guy.

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 11:40:39 PM »
I thought it was the plane crash, but my husband thought it was the smoke monster, and I sense he's right.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 12:40:35 AM »
Yup, the pop ups on the repeat confirmed it.  :D It was the smoke monster alright!