Author Topic: Locke=Dalai Lama?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Locke=Dalai Lama?
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:15:53 AM »
First read this:

How is the Dalai Lama chosen?
Senior Buddhist monks and Tibetan government officials begin a search for the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama after the death of the previous Lama. These searchers look for a boy who was born around the same time as the death of the previous Lama. According to the British Broadcasting Corp., the officials can decide where to look for the reincarnation in several ways: by way of a dream; by watching the direction the smoke drifts after the cremation of the previous Lama and then searching accordingly; or from some sign or vision from a holy lake in central Tibet.

Once found, the officials present the boy with possessions of the previous Dalai Lama to determine whether the boy is familiar with them. If the child chooses the artifacts that belonged to he previous Lama, than that, along with the other signs, is believed to prove he is a reincarnation.

we had Locke having to choose "items" and failing
We have always known of smokie -- watching it drift.
Holy Lake=cabin
both ben & locke had dreams
claire theoretically gave up Aaron to be in the right place -- when a child is thought to be the new dalai lama, their parents usually allow them to be taken to live at a monestary

I don't know waht this means, but it just screamed buddhism and the reincarnation of a new leader. Is it Locke right now and Aaron in the future?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Locke=Dalai Lama?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:25:50 AM »
I posted this theory earlier

Who is the incarnation of? Jacob?

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:29:13 AM »
I think it's of Jacob--whoever he is. I questioned this during the chat, but no one responded, so I thought I'd see if anyone else saw it I think there have been 3 or 4 of us woh have so far

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 01:32:35 AM »
So Ben believes he is the Chosen one? Only to find out that it is Locke or Aaron

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »
by watching the direction the smoke drifts after the cremation of the previous Lama and then searching accordingly;

Didn't Danielle say she saw the Others burn a caldron and send up smoke just before they came to take her baby?  And they did it again when they came for Walt?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
I think Richard thought John was the reincarnation of Jacob. But he chose the knife...and honestly, part of me thought "RIchard is wrong, John is right...the knife WAS his!"

ON the other hand, I also think maybe John isn't the Dalai Lama....Jack is (Jack = Jacob?). Maybe Jack got sick because he was going to leave the island. Christian has some strong connection with Jacob - he can 'speak' for him. Jack needs to get back to the island after he leaves.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
I like this idea. I think it's clear Richard is searching for the next leader and when Locke doesn't pan out, he goes with Ben. I'm less certain that the mechanism is reincarnation, but it's Lost, so why not?

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
I don't know which thread to post this in
but ever since we saw Emily in Season 1 I have always had the feeling that Locke and maybe the Losties are part of grand conspiracy or experiment
So I looked up the transcripts to see why I thought that and here is what I found

It was S1x19 here is what what was said between Emily and Locke

LOCKE: Who are you?

EMILY: I'm your mother.

[Shot of Locke and Emily in a diner.]

LOCKE: Look, miss, I don't know why you think I'm your son, or how you found me, but...

EMILY: You're adopted, aren't you?

LOCKE: No. No, I was raised in a foster home. Well, several foster homes, actually. Look, I don't mean to be rude—what do you want from me?

EMILY: I want to tell you that you're special, very special. You're part of a design. You do realize that, don't you? That our meeting—me finding you—this is a sign of things to come. Great things.

LOCKE: My father, is he still alive?

EMILY: Still alive? Oh, John, don't you understand? You don't have a father. You were immaculately conceived.

Also we find out that Emily has been in Santa Rosa Hospital  due to a "type of schizophrenia. Apparently, if she stays on her meds, she's okay. But what happens when she is not on her meds?  Does she know something that would be a a big key to this whole mystery?   So there it is!! Locke is part of a design!!!   ;)

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
I don't know which thread to post this in
but ever since we saw Emily in Season 1 I have always had the feeling that Locke and maybe the Losties are part of grand conspiracy or experiment
So I looked up the transcripts to see why I thought that and here is what I found

It was S1x19 here is what what was said between Emily and Locke

LOCKE: Who are you?

EMILY: I'm your mother.

[Shot of Locke and Emily in a diner.]

LOCKE: Look, miss, I don't know why you think I'm your son, or how you found me, but...

EMILY: You're adopted, aren't you?

LOCKE: No. No, I was raised in a foster home. Well, several foster homes, actually. Look, I don't mean to be rude—what do you want from me?

EMILY: I want to tell you that you're special, very special. You're part of a design. You do realize that, don't you? That our meeting—me finding you—this is a sign of things to come. Great things.

LOCKE: My father, is he still alive?

EMILY: Still alive? Oh, John, don't you understand? You don't have a father. You were immaculately conceived.

Also we find out that Emily has been in Santa Rosa Hospital  due to a "type of schizophrenia. Apparently, if she stays on her meds, she's okay. But what happens when she is not on her meds?  Does she know something that would be a a big key to this whole mystery?   So there it is!! Locke is part of a design!!!   ;)

I agree that this scene is a key part of lost, and  Emily is a bigger part than we ever knew.
I also think that Ben and Locke were two candadites for being the chosen one and they (Jacob, the island, Richard, I don't know) didn't know which it would be.

lostandseek probably knows what I am talking about when i say that this is sort of Like what happends in Harry Potter. There was a prophecy and it wasn't specific. It could have been talking about Harry Potter or Neville longbottom,  both had similar life descriptions and where born the same yr.
Ben and Locke have similar things in life. IE.. Their Mothers name , bad father , being born at 6 mths etc..

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »
Now that idea I love - that the prophecy was shooting for the true leader.  Ben inserted himself in out of ego, Locke has avoided it out of insecurity, but the island is still calling to Locke as the true leader.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »
Well, somebody must have died around the time Locke was born. But who?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:08 PM »
 right?! !!!! That is the golden question.

Maybe Jacob died and is a ghost and can't rest until they get the replacement (the correct replacement for him) maybe they thought it was Ben but when Jacob died something didn't happen that was supposed to happen and it became apparent that Ben wasn't his replacement after all and that is when they realized that between the two of them, Ben and John , it must be John. (and that is why Richard invited him yrs later  to the science camp even after he failed the "test". )

I don't know, all I could do at this point is speculate.. ???

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »
when was he born?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »
right?! !!!! That is the golden question.

Maybe Jacob died and is a ghost and can't rest until they get the replacement (the correct replacement for him) maybe they thought it was Ben but when Jacob died something didn't happen that was supposed to happen and it became apparent that Ben wasn't his replacement after all and that is when they realized that between the two of them, Ben and John , it must be John. (and that is why Richard invited him yrs later  to the science camp even after he failed the "test". )

I don't know, all I could do at this point is speculate.. ???

Wow.  Well-said.  That would fit in with the Indiana Jones - Holy Grail tie-in Jeff Jensen suggested.  Just like the Guardian Knight who sat over the grail until his replacment could come, Jacob won't "die" or "pass" until the true leader - Locke not Ben - comes and releases him and takes over guardianship.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
You think we are on to something here?
(What was it Jef Jensen said? and where can I find that?)