Author Topic: Jack, Claire, Christian, & Aaron must all be special to the island/Jacob.  (Read 5180 times)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The cabin isn't even linked to the Jacob entity

The cabin and Jacob are one.
To speak with Jacob you have to go inside the cabin. He doesn't come out.
To find Jacob you must find the cabin. Because if you find the cabin, you find Jacob.
He doesn't get out of it. Horace said to Locke he had to find him to find Jacob.
He found Horace's body and it had a map to the cabin, not to Jacob, and when he found the cabin, he found Jacob.
It's not that Jacob wasn't there, because he left the cabin to go fishing. He was there in the person
of Christian, who spoke Jacob's words.
The cabin moves on the island and is not visible to everyone. It's not Horace's cabin anymore. The others call it
Jacob's cabin.
Nothing is more linked to Jacob than the cabin.

I think Jacob is the personification of the island. Like mother earth.
The cabin was made of trees from the island. In that sense Jacob is the cabin.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
The cabin isn't even linked to the Jacob entity

The cabin and Jacob are one.
To speak with Jacob you have to go inside the cabin. He doesn't come out.
To find Jacob you must find the cabin. Because if you find the cabin, you find Jacob.
He doesn't get out of it. Horace said to Locke he had to find him to find Jacob.
He found Horace's body and it had a map to the cabin, not to Jacob, and when he found the cabin, he found Jacob.
It's not that Jacob wasn't there, because he left the cabin to go fishing. He was there in the person
of Christian, who spoke Jacob's words.
The cabin moves on the island and is not visible to everyone. It's not Horace's cabin anymore. The others call it
Jacob's cabin.
Nothing is more linked to Jacob than the cabin.

I think Jacob is the personification of the island. Like mother earth.
The cabin was made of trees from the island. In that sense Jacob is the cabin.

Go hug a tree hippy. LOL, J/K, seriously, I just couldn't resist with the whole "Mother Earth" thing.

Anyway, I forget who posted it and where, but someone made a point to say that for some reason Locke and Jacob can't be in the same room together like the rabbits in the Orchid Video that is on the DVD special features. Well, remember what happened in the cabin the first time Locke went there with Ben?? Perhaps that wasn't Jacob freaking out. Maybe that's why Jacob wasn't in the cabin when Locke went there the second time with Ben and Hurley. It seemed like it was kind of like what happened in the Swan when the magnet was going nuts, but I might be seeing more into than there is.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
So...

Was Ben so freaked-out by Locke's desire to kill Jacob (S05E15) because Ben already did the dirty deed himself and doesn't want Richard to know that he murdered Jacob?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Do you think Ben was just role playing when he brought John to the cabin the 1st time?  Saying "he's sitting right there."
I don't know...just wondering what you guys thought.

Yes. I believe that Ben expected Jacob to already be dead.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Ben must have seen Locke's file and realised that Locke could usurp his position if chosen by Jacob - that would be his motive for killing Jacob.

Bearing in mind that in the same episode, Ben killed his own father, the flashback of this could be seen as foreshadowing Ben's killing of his other father-figure, Jacob.

Even the episode title makes sense now. The man behind the curtain in The Wizard Of Oz was just a regular guy - without Jacob, Ben is just a regular guy.
Mango, I have become convinced that Ben and Richard are using Locke to a means to their own end.  The issue here is that things are happening that should not have happened and even Ben and more so Richard are puzzled by at this time.

So albeit Jacob may have been dead for a long time, I think he is just the man behind the curtain.  The previous shows are adding up and have been giving us answers right along.  Dude bump the thread by writing in here and having people read the good stuff here!

In my humble opinion - I like it  ;D this old thinking

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Do you think Ben was just role playing when he brought John to the cabin the 1st time?  Saying "he's sitting right there."
I don't know...just wondering what you guys thought.

Just giving you your props!  :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Looks like the inhabited body of Locke was taking our men for a ride