Author Topic: Jack, Claire, Christian, & Aaron must all be special to the island/Jacob.  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Well if Claire and Christian can join Jacob then they must be special.  Jack and Aaron are obviously too.  Christian giving orders to Locke.  It's all odd. 

What's your take on that cabin scene?  Why would they be chilling there and not Jacob.  Locke could hear Jacob previously.  Why not speak directly to Locke?  That was wierd.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:13:47 AM by Point Place WI »

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
YES YES YES.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
very weird.  it's like each one has their own 'special' reason to be connected to the island. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Um, well, "this is some crazy stuff!"

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
I was not suprised to see Christian, as I have been saying since S1 that he was still alive.  But seeing Claire there was suprising.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Locke could hear Jacob previously.  Why not speak directly to Locke?  That was wierd.

Unless Christian was lying and wasn't actually speaking on Jacob's behalf!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I hope the writers aren't double-backing on that one.  Let's take what info was presented - Christian can speak for Jacob.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
I've always believed that Aaron is "special" and am now leaning that he's special-to-the-island.
I was crusing Lostpedia and saw where Whitmore has paintings that Tom (Aaron's father) painted ... am now in another quandry (Jacob/Whidmore).  Lol, what's new?

(Hope this is the right thread to throw this out)

*continues down beach looking for a matching pair of shoes*
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:48:10 AM by Shoeless »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
I hope the writers aren't double-backing on that one.  Let's take what info was presented - Christian can speak for Jacob.

What if Jacob is dead?

He did previously communicate directly with Locke, pleading for help.

Hasn't Ben said repeatedly that Jacob doesn't talk to him anymore? We've all been led to assume (mostly by the duplicitous Ben) that this was because Ben had fallen out of favour. Perhaps Jacob isn't talking to anybody anymore because he no longer exists.

What if Ben has killed Jacob? I don't know how you would kill an entity - maybe by encircling their home with an alchemic substance, in a voodoo-like ritual?  ;)

Thinking back to Locke's first visit to the cabin, it was Ben whom was tossed about, from side-to-side - not Locke. This poltergeist activity was seemingly in anger, but perhaps it was retaliation (the way any murder victim would fight against their killer in their death throes).

If you're murderous enough to kill - and a witness could give evidence to others (or indeed Others), it's natural that you'd want to kill the witness too. So, Ben shot Locke the day after to silence him - not because he was pissed that Jacob had a new best friend.

Which of course begs the question, who was Christian speaking for?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Do you think Ben was just role playing when he brought John to the cabin the 1st time?  Saying "he's sitting right there."
I don't know...just wondering what you guys thought.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I think Ben has imprisoned Jacob.  I am voting for Jacob exists!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Do you think Ben was just role playing when he brought John to the cabin the 1st time?  Saying "he's sitting right there."
I don't know...just wondering what you guys thought.

Yes. I believe that Ben expected Jacob to already be dead.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Ben must have seen Locke's file and realised that Locke could usurp his position if chosen by Jacob - that would be his motive for killing Jacob.

Bearing in mind that in the same episode, Ben killed his own father, the flashback of this could be seen as foreshadowing Ben's killing of his other father-figure, Jacob.

Even the episode title makes sense now. The man behind the curtain in The Wizard Of Oz was just a regular guy - without Jacob, Ben is just a regular guy.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Then why does the cabin keep disappearing and reappearing?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile

The cabin isn't even linked to the Jacob entity... It's just where it chose to reside. We were shown that Horace built the cabin, so it wasn't actually Jacob's property. To all intents and purposes, Jacob was just squatting there.

The cabin itself is a separate mystery to Jacob.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile

The cabin isn't even linked to the Jacob entity... It's just where it chose to reside. We were shown that Horace built the cabin, so it wasn't actually Jacob's property. To all intents and purposes, Jacob was just squatting there.
The cabin itself is a separate mystery to Jacob.

Oh dear.