Author Topic: The Island is to be saved and it moves?  (Read 15408 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The Island is to be saved and it moves?
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
I partly agree with a mixture of the following...

2) If nobody heard or saw a plane fly over, then maybe it was placed there, and the lockdown incident was there so anyone in the Hatch would not be able to see anyone place the supply drop out there, and the beacon and parachute is a cover up, so the survivors are led to believe that it came out of a plane, as whoever drew the map on the door would have thought the same. The Others faked the supply drop.

6) The source of the supply drop is a facility located on, or near, the Island. The drop contains a kit with a case of vials, and in "One of Us", Juliet states that she has invented, or helped invent, the drug which requires a facility for producing such drugs nearby.

4) The fact that all the food was repackaged could mean it was reprocessed/repackaged for long term storage in a jungle (hostile) environment. It also shows that there is (or was) a very large scale industrial capacity backing up the activities on the Island.

http://en.lostpedia.com/wiki/Periodic_resupply_drop/Theories"

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »

2) If nobody heard or saw a plane fly over, then maybe it was placed there, and the lockdown incident was there so anyone in the Hatch would not be able to see anyone place the supply drop out there, and the beacon and parachute is a cover up, so the survivors are led to believe that it came out of a plane, as whoever drew the map on the door would have thought the same. The Others faked the supply drop.

6) The source of the supply drop is a facility located on, or near, the Island. The drop contains a kit with a case of vials, and in "One of Us", Juliet states that she has invented, or helped invent, the drug which requires a facility for producing such drugs nearby.

4) The fact that all the food was repackaged could mean it was reprocessed/repackaged for long term storage in a jungle (hostile) environment. It also shows that there is (or was) a very large scale industrial capacity backing up the activities on the Island.

Same here.  Although I do wonder if the Others were starting to feel the pinch.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »

I guess Ben just wanted them fed and alive (at the expense of his own people) so he could steal the women at a later date.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »
No sense having underfed women.  :D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
No sense having underfed women.  :D

A bitch gotta eat! lol

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »
After the men folk, of course. ;D

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »

Wasn't the supply drop actually from a plane? Correct me if wrong but Jack and Kate hear something and then see a flashing beacon? I would find it hard for the OTHERS to fake a supply drop.

If your talking about an industrial area on the island wouldn't that relate to the Arrow station nearby somewhere?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »

Wasn't the supply drop actually from a plane? Correct me if wrong but Jack and Kate hear something and then see a flashing beacon? I would find it hard for the OTHERS to fake a supply drop.

If your talking about an industrial area on the island wouldn't that relate to the Arrow station nearby somewhere?
We don't know, but assume, it was from a plane. There was a parachute and a flashing beacon on the pallet. There was no sign of an aircraft anywhere, and no one saw anything.