Author Topic: Lockes Parents is Richard one of them  (Read 6676 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Lockes Parents is Richard one of them
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »
I agree that Emily's mother exaggerated the age difference, & that Cooper IS Locke's real father.  The con on Sawyer's (James Ford's) parents was @ least 25 years ago, but do we have any more info to date that event or his age?  There aren't any screencaps of the fake obit. :-\

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »
I agree that Emily's mother exaggerated the age difference, & that Cooper IS Locke's real father.

I agree that "twice your age" most definitely wasn't inferring the father was exactly 30 years old, but my instinct is that it wasn't much less.

The scriptwriters chose to not have Emily use Anthony's name, or to use another actor depicting him as a younger man... which is like waving a red rag to my enquiring nature.  :)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
I agree that Emily's mother exaggerated the age difference, & that Cooper IS Locke's real father.

I agree that "twice your age" most definitely wasn't inferring the father was exactly 30 years old, but my instinct is that it wasn't much less.

The scriptwriters chose to not have Emily use Anthony's name, or to use another actor depicting him as a younger man... which is like waving a red rag to my enquiring nature.  :)
Absolutely!  They were successful in arousing the suspicions of us all.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 08:49:35 PM »

Absolutely!  They were successful in arousing the suspicions of us all.

hehe. Jesi said "arousing"  ;D

But yeah, the fact that Cooper was nether seen or heard from has been bugging me every since I saw the episode. and there was something going on between Locke's grandmother and Richard, but I don't think Richard is Locke's father.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 03:32:20 AM »
But yeah, the fact that Cooper was nether seen or heard from has been bugging me every since I saw the episode. and there was something going on between Locke's grandmother and Richard, but I don't think Richard is Locke's father.

I don't think Richard is Locke's father - but I also believe that Anthony Cooper isn't either.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
I've changed my mind. I think that Richard is Locke's father.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
But even though Richard may not be the father, it is interesting that Emily is hit by a car.  Connection Juliette's ex husband getting hit by a bus after meeting with Richard.

p.s. This blog is interesting:
http://www.fancast.com/blogs/lost/lost-mystery-un-locked/

At the hospital, Widmore hands Locke the London Daily Tribune newspaper, dated January 14, 2005. This article appears on Page 15: “Car crash causes major traffic headaches”

Collision Course

On top of everything else, Locke is in a car wreck in this episode after Abaddon is gunned down by Ben, so it’s time to revisit the wild number of vehicular incidences on this show:

~Michael was hit by a car (the elusive Golden Pontiac) in NYC and broke his leg.
~Locke was hit by a car in a parking lot while chasing his mother.
~Juliet’s husband was run over by a bus.
~Kate’s childhood sweetheart Tom was killed in a shoot-out car crash.
~Hurley crashes his Camaro during a police chase.
~Claire and her mother were in a car crash (it put her mom in a coma for five years).
~Shannon’s father Adam Rutherford was killed in the same car accident that paralyzed Jack’s wife Sarah.
~When Jack attempts suicide on the bridge (prompted by seeing Locke’s obituary), there is a car crash which stops him from jumping.
~Michael crashed his car on the docks in a failed suicide attempt.
~Locke’s father Anthony Cooper was in a car crash in Tallahassee right before he mysteriously turned up on the island.
~Kate was in an accident with the marshal, which led to her escape, after a black horse ran onto the road…Kate saw a black horse on the island (along with Sawyer’s boar).
~Martha Toomey lost her leg in a car accident; her husband Sam Toomey (Hurley’s fellow cursed lottery winner) committed suicide.