Author Topic: Why was Kate so dressed up for her secret meeting?  (Read 7778 times)

Offline kenny

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Why was Kate so dressed up for her secret meeting?
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
Seems that Kate was very elegantly dressed upon arrival home after her secret meeting....any ideas?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Kate so dressed up for her secret meeting?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:47:39 PM »
She is finally able  to and has the money to afford to.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »
She had her pink lace panties on underneath. ;>)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
Not trying to be rude or mean or whatever, but I think this comes under the cloud of overanalyzing. Not sure why she looked nice, but I know she did look HOT! Both of her flashforwards had her always looking nice. She is now rich and stylely(not a word, but it works)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »
Yeah, if I had Kate's body and the kind of cash she is undoubtedly in control of after the crash settlement...I'd wear a French Maid outfit to work and a Vera Wang gown to run to the party store for Cheetohs.

We are just used to Kate looking rode hard and put away wet, no makeup, sweat stains, and grubby pants. Let's just say she usually looks Rousseauish. Flashforward and she looks pretty normal.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:26:38 PM »
I'm guessing she met somebody in a swanky public place: like a swishy hotel or restaurant. I mean, if it was an underground car park or something, I doubt she'd go to that much effort.

Then again, she might not be too fond of public places after witnessing the rabble outside her trial.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »
I'm thinking she either went to a bank or a lawyer's office. Either way, I agree with Juggy that she just wears clothes like that.

Offline sleepymom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »
Seems to me the producers are making sure that, visually, we differentiate between "Island Kate" and "Oceanic 6/Future Kate"....hair...clothes...

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
We are just used to Kate looking rode hard and put away wet, no makeup, sweat stains, and grubby pants. Let's just say she usually looks Rousseauish. Flashforward and she looks pretty normal.
[/quote]
Me likey, likey the KATE "I just got outta Lost-N-Detroits bed look."  ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 06:55:35 PM »
Seems to me the producers are making sure that, visually, we differentiate between "Island Kate" and "Oceanic 6/Future Kate"....hair...clothes...

Aren't we finding the difference between everyone's persona on and off island? I mean look at Sayid in his first ffw this season. his hair, clothes, everything had changed.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »

Aren't we finding the difference between everyone's persona on and off island? I mean look at Sayid in his first ffw this season. his hair, clothes, everything had changed.
Sayid was looking fine in his FF! :o

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:37 PM »
She wanted to look good for Christian!  :P

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »
Kate has always looked really nice in her FF and I thought for a fugitive boarding an airplane is was well dressed. I think we are just used to seeing her look like she is playing Survivor! :P

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Kate has always looked really nice in her FF and I thought for a fugitive boarding an airplane is was well dressed. I think we are just used to seeing her look like she is playing Survivor! :P
Besides, ladies, if you were on a "deserted" island for months with the same clothes over and over again, wouldn't you dress up a little when you got back to civilization?

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »
Besides, ladies, if you were on a "deserted" island for months with the same clothes over and over again, wouldn't you dress up a little when you got back to civilization?
Maybe at first, but then I would go back to my standards.  Happened to me when I came back from OIF.  Normally I'm not very girly...more of a tomboy.  But when I came back, I wanted a manicure, pedicure, spa treatment, nice civilian clothes, makeup, the works!  But that wore off after awhile, and I went back to being my t-shirt and jeans self.  Judging from Kate's fb when she blew up her father, she looked rather tomboyish to me.  Motorcycle and all!