Author Topic: Mysterious Figurine In Kate's Kitchen  (Read 8136 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Figurine In Kate's Kitchen
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »
I don't hate his chest. I was just shocked at how out of shape he seemed. I thought he was a little more buff than that. Granted, this is years after the island...

Oh, well. You're not alone in your opinion... There's a whole thread calling him "flabby" at the abc.com messageboards: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=mb&cat=33026&tid=329132

No wonder people get eating disorders.  :-\

Spare me.

Comments about Jacks's less-than-buff physique are legitimate (although I admit a heavy dose of sarcasm on my part). It has nothing to do with being judgemental or pressure to be thin (you're talking to a 'substantial' woman here).

In previous episodes pre-crash we have seen Jack being very physically fit - i.e., doing the bleachers with Desmond, and shots with him sans shirt. He appeared to be very fit on the island. I was merely shocked by the contrast.

The real question is, is Mathew Fox just getting out of shape/less buff, or is this part of the story.
I think it's just the actor. I highly doubt it is part of the story.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 10:05:15 AM »
if we're gonna discuss the physique of guy clearly in better shape than 92.87923% of men out there... I find it more mysterious that he looks soooo smooth....looks like a lil' waxing an' waning going on...with that Charlie Salinger scruff going on facially ya know he's got an over active pilosebaceous system, sooooo....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »
if we're gonna discuss the physique of guy clearly in better shape than 92.87923% of men out there... I find it more mysterious that he looks soooo smooth....looks like a lil' waxing an' waning going on...with that Charlie Salinger scruff going on facially ya know he's got an over active pilosebaceous system, sooooo....

I'm sorry, but this discussion must be referenced to this.  And you must forgive the French.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DsEpNOQrDw&feature=related

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 05:19:01 PM »
Thee was another ornamental lady with white hair in 'Cabin Fever'...

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=7942.0

It may all be coincidence - and then again it may not.

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »
speaking of waxing vs scruffy jack, anyone else notice that kate said she bought him a RAZOR when she was in the shower.... contrast that with the future fastback of a **bearded and scruffy jack** trying to jump off the bridge and that Kate is no longer in his life...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
speaking of waxing vs scruffy jack, anyone else notice that kate said she bought him a RAZOR when she was in the shower.... contrast that with the future fastback of a **bearded and scruffy jack** trying to jump off the bridge and that Kate is no longer in his life...

I wonder if Kate made Jack shave, so it didn't feel like kissing Sawyer?  :'(

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
Good observation. :)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 03:41:34 PM »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »
((((Mango))))  Look forward to your posts

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

And on the plane in the alt-reality he appears to have a shaving cut... What is so significant about Jack shaving?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

And on the plane in the alt-reality he appears to have a shaving cut... What is so significant about Jack shaving?

He is not drinking or depressed or all messed up.  I think it represents the uptight Jack