Author Topic: I See Dead People  (Read 14431 times)

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: I See Dead People
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »
The problem with throwing in other people with the "Desmond affect' is that he went through a very specific event that caused it. He turned the key to the swan station. This caused his experiences. Claire did not go through that event.

I'm not implying that Claire is experiencing the exact same thing as Des; just suggesting that by getting knocked out the way that she was, she is now more prone to the "island vibes" as it were and can commune more with it than someone who, say, did not receive a nice head injury.

Also not really saying that Jacob is deliberately manifesting himself as Christian but, that Claire is sensing that something paternal is summoning her so, her own mind perceives it as Christian (Daddy). Jacob, perhaps can be perceived by any one of the castaways as something familiar to them. They "See" what THEY want to see, not what Jacob projects himself to be. Of course, I could be 100% wrong.

Offline bkngbmq

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »
Am I having a "I see dead people" moment, or did Jack have the same suit, shirt and tie on for all of the scenes when he was arriving back home to Kate in Something Nice Back Home?  ???

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
Welcome, bkng!

I think you're having a moment.  ;)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2008, 01:02:56 AM »
I, too, am becoming intrigued with this possibility...check this out...someone posted it on another site...

A recent Discover Magazine had an article about teleportation.  One of the methods of teleportation involves teleporting the information within the particle.  Here is the excerpt that relates to Lost. In these teleportation experiments, physicists start with, say, two atoms, A and C. Suppose we wish to teleport information from atom A to atom C. We begin by having a third atom, B, that starts out entangled with C. Now atom A comes in contact with atom B, so that the information content of atom A is transferred to atom B. Because B and C were originally entangled, A's information has now been transferred to atom C; someone examining atom C would be unable to tell any difference between it and the original atom A.The entanglement destroys the information within atom A (so we don't have two copies after teleportation). This means that anyone being teleported in this way would die in the process. But the information content of his body would instantly appear somewhere else. In other words, he would die in one place but be reborn in another.

I totally agree. I like the Newtonian aspect of this theory. That matter can not be destroyed but transferred by an intermediary source. Sorry to be a buzzkill TMack and post hijack again but... I think Walt's having chosen the comic book as opposed to Locke was significant. He is indeed special, and I like the theory that he has telekinetic powers and is "bouncing all over the universe."

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:01 AM »
Am I having a "I see dead people" moment, or did Jack have the same suit, shirt and tie on for all of the scenes when he was arriving back home to Kate in Something Nice Back Home?  ???
I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar. Jack is a doctor. How many suits does he own?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2008, 01:32:25 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar. Jack is a doctor. How many suits does he own?

I think its like Superman's wardrobe and every suit is the same ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2008, 01:55:43 AM »
Or like Batman where they order a few million of everything.