Author Topic: Kate saying Aaron is her's  (Read 17591 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Kate saying Aaron is her's
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »
Nancy Grace.  ;)

Seriously, the press would be all over this, looking at every angle.

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 12:17:40 AM »
I agree and claire didnt really want a child anyway(rember the adoption?)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 12:28:38 AM »
I STILL agree with thebeann & LostAndSeek on this one. :)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
I say they get rescued she says it is her baby. Who is going to question it? Who is going to ask "how pregnant were you when you got on the plane and when was the baby born. Who is going to go look into if she was pregnant prior to getting on the plane.

IMHO, if she says it is her baby, and none of the other 4 getting rescued disagree, who is going to even think of questioning the details??
i'm with you on this.  i think if she says it's her baby and the others who get rescued agree the story will get bought.  i also agree with your earlier statement about her being 4 months along and having the baby early.  i think kate ( and those who back up her story ) will make it believable.  i believe this BECAUSE i also agree with the others on here who say that authorities are not going to give a fugitive a baby.  no way.  but if it is her own son, THEN they might consider letting her keep him.  especially after all they have been though.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:52 PM »
oh, and i too have lived in a town where a teen got pregnant, never knew, and never showed (even though she wore tight clothes).  she went into labor thinking she was just having cramps, and she wound up with a baby.  no joke. 

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 03:11:47 PM »
I sincerely hope the writers are NOT relying on such National Enquire tabloid-type stories to explain away Kate's alledged pregnancy. ("Prom Queen Gives Birth At School Dance; Didn't Know She Was Pregnant!").

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
I don't want to bring this up but damned if I do.  Island Time and Real World Time are different....all the 9 month talk can just be flushed down the toilet.  Cause Time should be constant damn writers always digging themselves out of gopher holes. 

I would agree, except for when Desmond got off the island, he called Penny and it was Dec 24, 2004...consistent with time on the island. So far...no evidence to support time differences.

Are you talking about when Des "time travels" and establishes Penny as his constant? Because we know Penny was searching for the island when Des turned the fail-safe key...she was contacted by the two guys stationed at the outpost. We know Penny was looking for Desmond when Charlie talked to her in the underwater station. Both of these happened BEFORE Dec. 24, 2004. So he couldn't have contacted her on that date, it had to be much earlier.

EDIT: Wait, you mean when Des called Penny from the boat, not when he went back in time and got her number/address from Widmore lol...I assumed "got off the island" meant getting to the mainland, completely forgot about the boat...*doh!*
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:28:58 PM by WhatThe »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
I sincerely hope the writers are NOT relying on such National Enquire tabloid-type stories to explain away Kate's alledged pregnancy. ("Prom Queen Gives Birth At School Dance; Didn't Know She Was Pregnant!").
i'm not saying they will.  i'm just saying it IS possible she was 4 (or 5 or 6) months pregnant getting on that plane and no one realized it.  she was flying under the radar as much as possible, she was a fugitive, so who's going to say she was NOT pregnant?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »

Agreed. I wouldn't exactly portray a cover-story suggesting Kate was pregnant when the marshal finds/arrests her Down Under, but kept it under wraps from the marshal, her arch-enemy, as tabloid.  I'd much rather that be the case than some convoluted explanation requiring the manipulation of time somehow. 

Offline AloeSPF80

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 12:52:16 AM »
I STILL agree with thebeann & LostAndSeek on this one. :)

Me too.

I was also convinced that Kate's mother really believed it was Kate's birth son.  It was her last wish to meet Kate's son.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 01:59:23 AM »
While it's possible to conceal a pregnancy, it is much harder to pass a 2 month old off as any other age.

Offline NaGoNator

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
When I was pregnant, I didn't show till I was almost seven months. I just looked like I was gaining weight. So it is possible she was further along if she wanted to lie (which she is good at).

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »
I agree with WhatThe on the National Enquirer explanation. I will be VERY disappointed.

And again...maybe someone from MY family could pull off an 8-month pregnancy without anyone knowing it. We tend to be....um...substantial women. But NOT KATE! She's probably 110 lbs sopping wet.

There will have to be some time thing going on, but so far there is no evidence to suggest that time outside of the island is different than time on the island. There has only been the suggestion that time feels different on the island. If Des had not called Penny on Dec 24, I would agree that Kate could easily pull of Aaron being hers. Since Des DID call Penny on 12/24/2004 - off the island - then Kate will not be able to EASILY pass off Aaron as hers. Maybe she will...but it will take some extraordinary event, or some major lying and really dumb authority figures.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
You tell 'em, Bean!  ;)

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »

So you are ok with,  islands that no one can find,  strange time, smoke monsters, magic numbers that win you the lottery and 1000 other things we know for sure about the show.

But if Kate says she hid a pregnancy and this is my baby and people believe it, well that would just be to far fetched for you to believe.