Author Topic: 4 years missing?  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
4 years missing?
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:27:42 AM »
Hey gang. I think I just put something together (which I don't normally have the brain capacity for).  :D Anyway... Horace (sp?) was in the previews right? said he's been dead for what 12, 13 years? even if its not him, hes DHARMA, thats for sure. But he died in the purge 12 or 13 years ago while Russeau (sp?) had been there for 16 years. Am I missing something or are there 4 years that should be accounted for? thoughts?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: 4 years missing?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »
Was that him? if it was then they really messed up the timeline.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 12:31:15 AM »
maybe thats part of the reason the purge happened, maybe it was not the others or natives that were stealing children but dharma themselves, and since ben was part of dharma, after the purge he had already developed fatherly feelings for alex.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »
We don't really know for sure that he died in the purge, they never showed him. Plus why would Ben take Locke to someone he killed? Maybe Horus was one of the original others like Richard Alpert's character?
But I do agree some time seems to be missing somewere.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:32:27 AM »
There are times when these people are all over the place. Although, this is the kind of inconsistency that should not be overlooked.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »
Are you sure they did not show that dude dead in a bench outside?

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »
We don't really know for sure that he died in the purge, they never showed him. Plus why would Ben take Locke to someone he killed? Maybe Horus was one of the original others like Richard Alpert's character?

I'm pretty sure they showed Ben closing his eyes after the purge didn't they?

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
They showed Goodspeed dead after the purge.. He was sitting on a bench..dead.. Ben went over and closed his eyes..

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 12:37:14 AM »
Obviously Rousseau was there and Alex was stolen before the Purge.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:37:24 AM »
Thanks I didn't remember that.
If the purge was only 12 years ago we never saw Alex. And Where did Carl come from?
Can anyone remember if Charlotte and Daniel gave a date that the gas was last used when they were telling Juliet at the station?

Offline deletia

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 01:40:23 AM »
I'm not sure how Lostpedia derives its chronology, but according to their wiki, "The Purge occurred on December 19th, 1992 at 4 pm, the date of Ben's birthday."

That would make "12 years ago" appropriate for late December 2004.

It also must mean that, strangely enough, Pre-purge Workman Ben must have already had a relationship with Alex.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 01:46:36 AM by deletia »

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 01:47:32 AM »
It doesn't seem like Dharma to be in the baby napping business.  Sounds more like something The Hostiles/future Others/Richard would've been into.  If that's the case, then Alex was 4 and living out wherever the Hostiles were living when Ben gassed Dharma.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »
We still don't know anything about Dharma or the Others or what either of them were/are up to.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
It doesn't seem like Dharma to be in the baby napping business.  Sounds more like something The Hostiles/future Others/Richard would've been into.  If that's the case, then Alex was 4 and living out wherever the Hostiles were living when Ben gassed Dharma.
We have to remember that Ben went over to the OTHERS when he was much younger. Remember he met Richard in the woods while he was looking for his mother? From that point on Ben was being groomed by the OTHERS.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »
I thought Horace looked an awful lot like the image we saw of Jacob in the chair.  The shape of the face and the hair was the same.