Author Topic: - A message from Charlie  (Read 13741 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: - A message from Charlie
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
The man also said that there was a nice couple in LA that would take good care of Aaron.

Aren't Jack and Kate living in LA?? Perhaps he had more foresight than even he thought. I thought that Charlie telling Jack that he wasn't supposed to raise "him" (Aaron) was kind of a jealousy thing more than anything else.
OOOoooOoOOOOOoooOOoooohhh....I like it.

That doesn't work as Jack and Kate are not a couple.  Nor will they be a couple as he has to many issues and after what he said to Kate do you really think that they will walk down that path again.
If we recall the when Kate meets the bearded, hooked on booze and drugged Jack who flies a similar flight to go back to the island.  He even asks her to not to hang up when he calls her, to discuss the person in the coffin.

I don't believe there is a jealousy motive here either.  Charlie is an envoy, he has been trying to get to him since he appeared to him in the convenience store, then the police station, then he appears to Hurley on the grounds of Santa Rosa Hospital. Hurley actually has a dialogue with Charlie and again Charlie tells him that they need him.

Which could be the reason Abbadon comes to Hurley and asks if they are alive, but that is another thread and I don't want to pollute this with that rat hole.

Charlie is not a jealous spector he is a messanger for the island.

Wasn't trying to imply that was Charlie's only motive, just saying that Charlie actually is Charlie, and not some manifestation of smokey or some psychic vision. As for Jack and Kate, according to the flash forward I saw last Thursday, they most certainly were a couple. Sure, in the FF we saw at the end of season 3 Jack was a waste and Kate wanted to have almost nothing to do with him, but who is to say that later on he doesn't clean himself up??

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
The man also said that there was a nice couple in LA that would take good care of Aaron.

Aren't Jack and Kate living in LA?? Perhaps he had more foresight than even he thought. I thought that Charlie telling Jack that he wasn't supposed to raise "him" (Aaron) was kind of a jealousy thing more than anything else.
OOOoooOoOOOOOoooOOoooohhh....I like it.

That doesn't work as Jack and Kate are not a couple.  Nor will they be a couple as he has to many issues and after what he said to Kate do you really think that they will walk down that path again.
If we recall the when Kate meets the bearded, hooked on booze and drugged Jack who flies a similar flight to go back to the island.  He even asks her to not to hang up when he calls her, to discuss the person in the coffin.

I don't believe there is a jealousy motive here either.  Charlie is an envoy, he has been trying to get to him since he appeared to him in the convenience store, then the police station, then he appears to Hurley on the grounds of Santa Rosa Hospital. Hurley actually has a dialogue with Charlie and again Charlie tells him that they need him.

Which could be the reason Abbadon comes to Hurley and asks if they are alive, but that is another thread and I don't want to pollute this with that rat hole.

Charlie is not a jealous spector he is a messanger for the island.

Wasn't trying to imply that was Charlie's only motive, just saying that Charlie actually is Charlie, and not some manifestation of smokey or some psychic vision. As for Jack and Kate, according to the flash forward I saw last Thursday, they most certainly were a couple. Sure, in the FF we saw at the end of season 3 Jack was a waste and Kate wanted to have almost nothing to do with him, but who is to say that later on he doesn't clean himself up??

My point is based on what we are seeing right now they are not the couple raising him.  My instinct also says that they are not the couple raising him.
I could speculate on JacknKate, but I am not going there.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
My point is based on what we are seeing right now they are not the couple raising him.  My instinct also says that they are not the couple raising him.
I could speculate on JacknKate, but I am not going there.

If your point is based on what we are seeing, then what are you watching?? Jack and Kate had obviously been together for a little while, and then Jack asked her to marry him. If that isn't a couple, then what is?? They were both actively bringing up Aaron at the same time, so where are you getting your theory from?? Not trying to start an arguement, just honestly trying to understand your POV. And like you and I both said, yes, they are obviously broken up much later, but if you're not going to speculate as to the fate of the characters, what's the point of posting on the site at all??

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »
I agree with Lili to the point that Jack and Kate won't be a couple for long... I'm pretty sure they broke up within days of the end of this epi's FFW.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
What was the point of showing them in 3x22?  What was the point of 4x10?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 05:31:26 PM »
I'm still actually looking for the point in 4x10. See my rating of this episode for more explanation on that one.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »
I saw your rating.  Why did you think in the section of the season that is supposed to be condensed, highly consequential material they told this story?  Look beyond what you do or don't like for five minutes, and tell me what you come up with.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
I'm still actually looking for the point in 4x10. See my rating of this episode for more explanation on that one.
To reiterate my post earlier, I think that Jack and Kate are doomed off-island, but if they return to the island, there's definitely a chance for Jack to man up again and win Kate back.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »
I saw your rating.  Why did you think in the section of the season that is supposed to be condensed, highly consequential material they told this story?  Look beyond what you do or don't like for five minutes, and tell me what you come up with.
I think one of the main reasons they told this story was to appeal to the people who are only about the Skate/Jate relationships. Seriously. They have a large audience there and they are going to capitalize on it. I just wish they wouldn't.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 05:34:36 PM »
I think one of the main reasons they told this story was to appeal to the people who are only about the Skate/Jate relationships. Seriously. They have a large audience there and they are going to capitalize on it. I just wish they wouldn't.

I think you are 5,000% wrong.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 11:43:14 PM »

I agree with Laklost

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:08 AM »

5,000%3

There ain't no McSmokey here, the "romance" as it is, is a plot device....sure there are some who follow the romantic stuff on the show...some wish for certain hook ups, is a ntural parallel, but their screwed up relationship exists to tell us about them and their character (traits)...otherwise we'd just get some kind of screen test shot of them sitting on a folding chair in a Paneled room with old olive green carpet reading reading cue cards out of the camera shot, though we can see their eyes move...
"I'm a guy whose priorities are skewed *cut to Kate* I am a woman whose had relationship issues in my life, familial, platonic and romantic *cut to scene of smokey failing to kill a merc* I am Sawyer, a con man, I have issues too." and on and on and on...ad infinitum...

Makes for one heckuva lame show....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:19 AM »
But I would still totally watch that.

Offline Gizmogrl83

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
Bob, I like the idea of charlie just being jealous, very good observation  ;).  And I KNOW you would watch the show if there were no relationships because Kate + Jack, Kate + Sawyer, Kate + ANYONE would make you sick to your stomach to watch.  Scratch that, just no KATE relationships, lol.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
Bob, I like the idea of charlie just being jealous, very good observation  ;).  And I KNOW you would watch the show if there were no relationships because Kate + Jack, Kate + Sawyer, Kate + ANYONE would make you sick to your stomach to watch.  Scratch that, just no KATE relationships, lol.

No Kate, period. Plus, I just think it would be funny to see people sitting there just talking about themselves all emotionless. Like film student independant movies.