Author Topic: - A message from Charlie  (Read 13926 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: - A message from Charlie
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »
You have come to the top of the mountain and found me Laklost, the lady who has watched every episode of Lost numerous times.  My wisdom is only valuable here and to seekers like you.

In th rest of the world, I's a geek!  :D

"I climbed the highest of the heights.
Atop that mountain I watched the day turn into night.
Oh I tell you I was a wretched sight,
But I stood long and hard until the light.
Rubbing needles in my eyes, eating dirt.

I stood up, and everything was all-right."

L&S, think we did lose something b/c of the strike...am thinking Kate was out hiring someone to find them...check on 'em.

What was the name of the woman she told Jack she was talking to?
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 05:58:22 AM »
At the time, I thought Cassidy was conning Sawyer when she told him about having a daughter.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Stagger, she said it was Noreen from the park where Aaron plays. Likely no truth in that.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
chasin' down leads like a blind bird dog, I am...nothin' there then....

F. Bacon

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
You have come to the top of the mountain and found me Laklost, the lady who has watched every episode of Lost numerous times.  My wisdom is only valuable here and to seekers like you.

L&S, think we did lose something b/c of the strike...am thinking Kate was out hiring someone to find them...check on 'em.

Did you make up that song? (Just cause there are no footnote references.  :D) Dang, you're good.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2008, 06:24:16 PM »
So class let's review this...

Sawyer has a daughter, he knows about her and she is not on the island and alive
We suspect that Kate is off helping them out or seeking them out as he had the fatherhood epiphany when he was with Aaron.

Charlie tells Jack he is not suppose to raise Aaron.  This goes back to the fake psychic speaking to the phony priest. 

We all know that Claire saw the psychic and she believed him, ah she has faith in his words.

So why is Charlie telling this to Jack through Hurley.    Is this his way of getting them back to the island?  Is this the seed that Jack's already failing psyche needs to make him a man of faith?

I may be reading into this way to deep, but Charlie is speaking through someone who believes.  As for the state of Hurley...well that is another thread.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »

Did you make up that song? (Just cause there are no footnote references.  :D) Dang, you're good.

no, no, not I  but the inimitable Neil Fallon...

F. Bacon

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2008, 04:19:07 AM »
Also the way he said that he is not even related to you, sounded alot like he was rubbing it in her face that he is related to him.  So maybe sometime in the next couple of episodes Claire and Jack find out about there father.
Agreed.  This also explains why Kate told Jack that she understood why he didn't want to see the baby ("Eggtown").  Jack doesn't handle reality very well, so I can see how finding out that he's Aaron's uncle might take some getting used to.

I believe the image of Charlie is the island's way of communicating with Charlie. I'm assuming you mean "Hurley" here.  I also believe Christian will be the same to Jack at some point.  Charlie told Hurley that Jack will be visited by someone and he was visited by Christian (though it was cut short when they were interupted).  An additional wedge that can be added to the Jack & Kate relationship could be Christian telling Jack that Aaron is not supposed to be raised by either of them.
I agree.  I'm not sold on the idea that ALL of the O-6 have to go back, but I'm starting to see motive for some of them.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
Charlie tells Jack he is not suppose to raise Aaron.  This goes back to the fake psychic speaking to the phony priest.

The man also said that there was a nice couple in LA that would take good care of Aaron.
Maybe Aaron is in danger and the 6 have to leave the island to save him.
Jack and Kate taking care of him, Saiyd protecting them, Hurley staying in touch with the island through Charlie.
And now they have to go back, because they were only supposed to take care of Aaron, not to raise him.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
So why is Charlie telling this to Jack through Hurley...I may be reading into this way to deep, but Charlie is speaking through someone who believes. 

I took that whole thing to mean that Only certain people can talk directly other people. Sort of like Jacob. But Charlie talks to Hurley, Christian talks to (or will talk to, depending) Jack, I bet that later on IF we see Sayid freaking out, it will be because of Shannon coming to him and giving him grief about him marrying Nadia. As for the rest of them, well, I'm not quite sure, because we don't know who is deffinitely dead or not.

The man also said that there was a nice couple in LA that would take good care of Aaron.

Aren't Jack and Kate living in LA?? Perhaps he had more foresight than even he thought. I thought that Charlie telling Jack that he wasn't suppossed to raise "him" (Aaron) was kind of a jealousy thing more than anything else.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:46:09 AM by BobBX542 »

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
Hurley's turn as Mercury the Messenger, him being channellor of the the isle may have something to do with his visit to the cabin...the isle finding him to be the easiest to speak through...

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »

Aren't Jack and Kate living in LA?? Perhaps he had more foresight than even he thought. I thought that Charlie telling Jack that he wasn't suppossed to raise "him" (Aaron) was kind of a jealousy thing more than anything else.

Now that's an interesting thought. Get on this plane and you'll meet the nice couple who'll raise your son in LA.  ;)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
That idea's got glitter and sparklers on it!

Fits with the "time is circular" as the Aboriginals belief set lays, and the Australia is the "key" comment...

somewhere therein lies something worth something, just gotta keep panning in the stream, something'll catch the mind's eye...

F. Bacon

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
Never thought of that.  I likes!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 10:32:38 PM »

Aren't Jack and Kate living in LA?? Perhaps he had more foresight than even he thought. I thought that Charlie telling Jack that he wasn't supposed to raise "him" (Aaron) was kind of a jealousy thing more than anything else.
OOOoooOoOOOOOoooOOoooohhh....I like it.

That doesn't work as Jack and Kate are not a couple.  Nor will they be a couple as he has to many issues and after what he said to Kate do you really think that they will walk down that path again.
If we recall the when Kate meets the bearded, hooked on booze and drugged Jack who flies a similar flight to go back to the island.  He even asks her to not to hang up when he calls her, to discuss the person in the coffin.

I don't believe there is a jealousy motive here either.  Charlie is an envoy, he has been trying to get to him since he appeared to him in the convenience store, then the police station, then he appears to Hurley on the grounds of Santa Rosa Hospital. Hurley actually has a dialogue with Charlie and again Charlie tells him that they need him.

Which could be the reason Abbadon comes to Hurley and asks if they are alive, but that is another thread and I don't want to pollute this with that rat hole.

Charlie is not a jealous spector he is a messanger for the island.