Author Topic: Trigger Happy?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Trigger Happy?
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
The promo for tonight's episode promises us we will see the season's most exciting episode, and it also points out that the island will claim a survivor for its own. Usually, this means the dear old island is gonna get to murdering them right and proper. Now, this worries me. We've seen Jin's tomb, we know Aaron is no longer with his mother, we have not seen Sawyer in the flash-forwards, and we just saw Alex get killed the episode after we saw her mother (whom we know nothing about) and boyfriend cut down by enemy fire.

That is a whole lot of deaths, and that's without counting the mercenaries, Sayid's targets and the boat people. And this did not get started just now, this trigger happy run goes back to the finale of season 3, where most of the Others were erased.

This all makes exciting television, yes, and it's quite possible that these characters were meant to meet their untimely demise all along, but some times, when a show needs a boost, we see writers pick up the old ax, and get to hacking. I feel the show has been moving too fast since last season's finale. It's as if they are trying to make up for lost time and need to hurry things up. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not this could be disastrous. Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this? Am I the only one who wishes they spent more time explaining the myriad mysteries they have not given us answers to and stop killing people on a weekly basis?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Trigger Happy?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:02:38 PM »
Welcome, Gutz.

There's another thread, "disturbing trend on Lost," or something similar on this topic. Yeah, I'm a little worried about these same issues but I don't think the Powers have crossed a line yet....

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:41:50 AM »
I agree, but most of the deaths were in context - Alex's death brought about the rule change, the red shirts in camp showed the Merc's meant business, Carl's character was going nowhere, however I am not sure of the purpose of killing of Danielle? It just dosent make any sense storywise - she could have easily dissapeared back into the jungle once Alex met her maker.

Danielle has popped up here and there since the very beginning, she has a back story that needs telling, after all she has been around the Island for a very long time and I feel that we have barely scraped the surface as far as her story goes.

So my question - why kill off Danielle?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
Maybe they copped out thinking her back story might conflict with too many others.  Dunno.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
Maybe they copped out thinking her back story might conflict with too many others.  Dunno.

Good point.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 03:13:46 PM »
They have repeatedly stated that we will det her story.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
They have repeatedly stated that we will det her story.
and I hope they don't back out on it :-\

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
Last video podcast they both seemed a little uncertain on the subject.  Either way, not a big deal to me.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
I disagree, Asmo. I thought they were hedging about who would tell her back story, not whether we would get it.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
Seemed like one (I can never tell them apart) wanted to and one didn't.  You're probably right though.