Author Topic: So, Sayid Leaves The Island By Conventional Means?  (Read 6187 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: So, Sayid Leaves The Island By Conventional Means?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
On his latest chopper trip, Frank brought 6 mercs to the island.

Did they come with the chopper? Did they all come in one trip?

I think the next trip will be: Sun (pregnant, needs to leave), Jack (is ill) and Juliet (wants to leave and looks after Jack)
The last trip: Hurley and Kate with Aaron.

That is going to be revealed before the season is over opgelost.  We don't know speculation is either the smaller boat that is on the freighter or the chopper.  How what when where we don't know and if we did it would be a spoiler and could not be revealed in this thread.   

Also Juliette is not an oceanic 6........they have revealed who they are and she is not one of them.

In regards to Claire, I am sure we will find this out to and why Aaron is there.  I have speculated in other threads about Claire.  But perhaps and I am going out on a very thin limb here, just maybe she gets amnesia or is in a comma or something that keeps her on the island.  Aaron is taken, because why not take him?

Joshzam- Not sure what you are referring to about the funeral director burying a woman/ but if I am understanding correctly, are we saying here that the they bring back the dead to bury them?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
Did they come with the chopper? Did they all come in one trip?

I think the next trip will be: Sun (pregnant, needs to leave), Jack (is ill) and Juliet (wants to leave and looks after Jack)
The last trip: Hurley and Kate with Aaron.

TPTB have stated that we'll know how the Oceanic 6 got off the island by the end of this season.  Which means definitely by the end of the season 5 premier.  Given that they've had to compress the storyline due to the writers' strike, why would they take the time to make two trips of the chopper when they can obviously ferry up to 6 people at once? I also don't see that little dinghy used to transport anyone, given that it doesn't have the instrumentation to follow a precise heading, is slow, has proven dangerous, etc.  Further, I think the fact that only six of the Losties get rescued is because there will be time or opportunity for only one more chopper trip off the island. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
Can see them getting 6 off the island with the helicopter, and something happening that prevents them from getting other people. Like they can not find it again. SO the oceanic 6 do not know if the others are alive or not.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »
How about Locke puts some C4 on the chopper, and it blows right as the Losties are disembarking, just so happening to take out Claire?

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »
How about Locke puts some C4 on the chopper, and it blows right as the Losties are disembarking, just so happening to take out Claire?

Hell yes, I like this!  Like Walt said Locke your work isn't done yet....meaning you need to blow up a few more things including Claire. 

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 12:11:39 AM »
That's one way I can see it going down.  Classic Locke.

These are things we know...

- She has to get on the chopper
- She is not one of the O-6
- Jack seems haunted by her fate 

Another hairbrained idea that I've been entertaining is that Claire may come into play if Juliet attempts to perform an appendectomy on Jack.  As an Other, I'm assuming Juliet knows that Claire & Jack are half-siblings, so what if Claire gives blood to her own detriment, gets on the chopper, & dies in transit off the Island (on the heli or freighter)?

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
So, evidently, the Oceanic Six weren't teleported back to civilization via a magic box; beamed up by flying saucers or inside a DHARMA submarine.
I don't think anyone ever thought otherwise.  It was always assumed that the O6 were rescued and the others got killed/left behind for some unknown reason.

Also, if Sayid had to ask how Ben left The Island, then this implies:
01. Sayid is unaware of any teleportation facilities on The Island;
It's highly unlikely that Ben will give away the time travel secrets that he possesses very easily.  It is the crux of the show, the islands big secret, the game changer.

02. Sayid believed that no other form of transport off The Island was available to whomever stayed (inferring that his mode of transportation was a one-off opportunity).
I sincerely doubt he believed this, nothing that we have been shown infers that he didn't believe that his friends were not also going to be rescued.  This will become "the cross" that the O6 must bear when they return to the mainland, why they must 'go back', and why they are 'haunted' in the future.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Another scenario:

1) Jack initially has no desire to return, but is satisfied maintaining the cover story.  I.e. nothing tragic goes down with Claire that he initially feels responsible for.
2) Bored without Sara, the rich patient's daughter, Kate or Juliet, he begins to use his Golden Ticket.
3) While in Sydney again, he goes to visit Claire's aunt, and finds out Christian was Claire's father.  Alternatively, he's still torn by Locke's faith v. science stance, and happens to visit Claire's psychic, who divines the blood relation.
4) It's now that Jack starts to spiral out of control.  Of course, for this to be a viable theory, Jack has to believe that Claire is still alive back on the Island.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
That's one way I can see it going down.  Classic Locke.

These are things we know...

- She has to get on the chopper
- She is not one of the O-6
- Jack seems haunted by her fate 

Another hairbrained idea that I've been entertaining is that Claire may come into play if Juliet attempts to perform an appendectomy on Jack.  As an Other, I'm assuming Juliet knows that Claire & Jack are half-siblings, so what if Claire gives blood to her own detriment, gets on the chopper, & dies in transit off the Island (on the heli or freighter)?

This is Nutella sam'mich award winning spec PL...a good Lostinian subplot story tie in that puts a neat lil' bow on  the half sib thing and takes care of weird hair Claire*.....*clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap*

*still missing the smudgy mascara black hair Aussie goth girl.... :'(
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »
 :D  The coveted Nutella sam'mich award!  First off, I'd like to thank Pete's for fueling my midnight musings with Masala Chai Tea.  I'd also like to thank Ben Sledge....   ::) :P

Unfortunately, I find a new hole every time I revisit that spec. :(   

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »
:D  The coveted Nutella sam'mich award!  First off, I'd like to thank Pete's for fueling my midnight musings with Masala Chai Tea.  I'd also like to thank Ben Sledge....   ::) :P
Unfortunately, I find a new hole every time I revisit that spec. :(   

that's what spackle and patience waiting for the next epi is for...fills the holes, and spec is fun...keeps one nimble and quick and always ready
for jumping candle sticks...

only possible prob I see is the giving blood to her detriment...I like the idea of Juliet having to do an emer. appendectomy...in the sand, dirty, risking all to save her *sniff sniff* Jacky-boy....*sniff* (or would they head back to Otherland? hmmmmm)

Has there been any foreshadowing of Locke sacrificing something/one?

F. Bacon

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
Stagerlee,

Considering the starting locale of our favorite show, wouldn't it be more germane, albeit much less tasty, to award the famous Vegemite Sandwich Award?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »

Has there been any foreshadowing of Locke sacrificing something/one?

Well, he was willing to write off Boone as a sacrifice the Island demanded....

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
Oh yes, he is in a nutshell, a padded one at that at times, a fanatic in that...

I just did not catch any specific foreshadowing in the last epi...
They are usu. pretty good at it on Lost, be it obvious or obscured.

And yes, Nutella is the better of the two (vegemite...eeewwwww)...though I am a peanut butter addict (serious addict) though the yougnin's
hives keep me from enjoying it at every meal, just her naptimes.....

F. Bacon

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 01:52:15 AM »
Can see them getting 6 off the island with the helicopter, and something happening that prevents them from getting other people. Like they can not find it again. SO the oceanic 6 do not know if the others are alive or not.
Hey Juggie... how's my favorite LOST buddy?

I have to disagree with whether the Oceanic 6 know if their own are dead or alive.  To me, it is apparent that Jack, Hurley at least know they left behind survivors who were ALIVE, and the obvious guilt associated with it indicates to me that they left them by choice or happenstance, but they left them behind nonetheless.

I believe Jack thinks he has to go back to the Island to either correct what went horribly wrong (again), or that once he got out into the real world again, he realized his life wasn't ever as good as he had it on the Island.  Or, there's always option (3) that his life is such a miserable sht sammich that he wants to return to just kill himself, as Michael did.

Thoughts?

Jumper Cheers
*Des8