Author Topic: Can Anybody Clarify The Dates For Me?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Can Anybody Clarify The Dates For Me?
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
I'm confused!

In this episode, what were the approximate dates of:

a) The island;
b) The freighter;
c) Tikrit;
d) London.

I take it that the doctor is alive and well on the freighter, because for some reason telecommunications are unaffected by the time anomaly and his murder hasn't occurred yet? Or was it just somebody lying???

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Can Anybody Clarify The Dates For Me?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
I'm confused!

a) The island;
b) The freighter;
c) Tikrit;
d) London.

I take it that the doctor is alive and well on the freighter, because for some reason telecommunications are unaffected by the time anomaly and his murder hasn't occurred yet? Or was it just somebody lying???

a) Either very late 2004 or very early 2005. It was Christmas 2004 just a few days ago.
b) The same.
c) Late October 2005 or perhaps early November. Ben sees Sayid mourning Nadia on Oct. 24 then watches her funeral procession a few days later in Tikrit.
d) After October 2005. Presumably not a lot after, but we don't really know.

As for the doc, I think it was somebody lying, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
I'm confused!

a) The island;
b) The freighter;
c) Tikrit;
d) London.

I dont think the person on the freighter is lying but its confusing. I agree it has something to do with the time shift however with the rocket thing that Daniel had fired onto the Island, the lass on the Freighter said it had arrived on the Island long before it actually did (Frieghters point of view the rocket should have been on the Island before Daniel reported that it had landed) , now the doctor washes up on the Island before the Freighter people realise (The body is descovered before the Freighter people know the Doctor has gone).

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
I also think someone on the freighter was lying...I guess! (This was a fascinating episode...but confusing for me!) But, it could also be showing the time shift between the freighter and the island.  ::)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:59:12 AM »
I'm confused!

a) The island;
b) The freighter;
c) Tikrit;
d) London.

I dont think the person on the freighter is lying but its confusing. I agree it has something to do with the time shift however with the rocket thing that Daniel had fired onto the Island, the lass on the Freighter said it had arrived on the Island long before it actually did (Frieghters point of view the rocket should have been on the Island before Daniel reported that it had landed) , now the doctor washes up on the Island before the Freighter people realise (The body is descovered before the Freighter people know the Doctor has gone).

might be something to do with the speed at which the item is travelling through the snowglobe bubble... a rocket goes fast and is only delayed by 31 minutes... a floating body drifts slowly so could be delayed a few days...  ?? mebbe?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
might be something to do with the speed at which the item is travelling through the snowglobe bubble... a rocket goes fast and is only delayed by 31 minutes... a floating body drifts slowly so could be delayed a few days...  ?? mebbe?

Hmmm... I wonder if the time delay between the island and the freighter is affected by an object's velocity?

Maybe fast things (like a rocket) take longer to get there, whereas slow things (like a floating body) get there faster - so fast in fact, that they arrive before they've actually departed???  ???

There's probably some science behind this: something to do with the time-space surrounding a travelling object.