Author Topic: Jack is sick...  (Read 6652 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Jack is sick...
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
So, my initial thought was appendix problems...

The show starts off with Jack saying that he has a stomach bug and that he's taking antibiotics for it. Well, who knows what he was actually taking, but the very first symtom of appendicitis is stomach pains.

Jack later corners Farraday and asks him if they were ever going to take them off the island. When Farraday says no, Jack looks likes he is about to cry, and then doubles over in pain. As he walks away, he starts holding his right hip area, which is where it starts to hurt as the appendix gets bigger and bigger...

He's trying his best to downplay it because he knows there is nobody to do the operation...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Jack is sick...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »
jack has 3 options.

(1)  die
(2)  let the dentist & the fertility dr do the surgery
(3)  do the surgery himself.

i'd opt for #2

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »
Haha, the only thing Bernard would be good for is putting him out... lol

Kidding!

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »
So, my initial thought was appendix problems...

The show starts off with Jack saying that he has a stomach bug and that he's taking antibiotics for it. Well, who knows what he was actually taking, but the very first symtom of appendicitis is stomach pains.

Jack later corners Farraday and asks him if they were ever going to take them off the island. When Farraday says no, Jack looks likes he is about to cry, and then doubles over in pain. As he walks away, he starts holding his right hip area, which is where it starts to hurt as the appendix gets bigger and bigger...

He's trying his best to downplay it because he knows there is nobody to do the operation...

We know it's his appendix because they said that in the preview for next week.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
lol - I didn't know that!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:57:32 PM »

Umm that is why they moved the thread to this coming weeks show!  Hey did you time travel to this thread or where you teleported? ;)

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »
Appendixitis (sp?) can kill as Juliet points out in the sneek peek, especially on an Island with limited medical facilities.
However the Island has been known to heal, particularly Locke, Rose and Patchy - is there something these 3 share, faith for instance?
My way of thinking is that we know Jack gets off the Island eventually so he must survive the appendix problems:

1) someone operates on him on the Island.
2) he gets off the Island in time for an operation in the outside world.
3) he changes his 'science' views for 'faith' and the Island heals him.

I think the most shocking scenario (and best IMO) would be for Jacob (in the guise of Christian Shepherd) to heal Jack. We have seen characters such as Yemi, who died on the Island appear (IMO via Jacob) and we have this season seen Jacob/ Christian Shepherd when Hurley looked through the window of the cabin.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »
Appendixitis (sp?) can kill as Juliet points out in the sneek peek, especially on an Island with limited medical facilities.
However the Island has been known to heal, particularly Locke, Rose and Patchy - is there something these 3 share, faith for instance?
My way of thinking is that we know Jack gets off the Island eventually so he must survive the appendix problems:

1) someone operates on him on the Island.
2) he gets off the Island in time for an operation in the outside world.  (that would have to be.....yesterday!)
3) he changes his 'science' views for 'faith' and the Island heals him.

I think the most shocking scenario (and best IMO) would be for Jacob (in the guise of Christian Shepherd) to heal Jack. We have seen characters such as Yemi, who died on the Island appear (IMO via Jacob) and we have this season seen Jacob/ Christian Shepherd when Hurley looked through the window of the cabin.
Nice call.  That would be awesome.

I saw the opening scene fitting with the episode title ("The Shape of Things to Come") as we see Jack popping pills.  It may have been a simple foreshadowing or this illness may be how Jack becomes addicted to the meds.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »

Umm that is why they moved the thread to this coming weeks show!  Hey did you time travel to this thread or where you teleported? ;)

I made that reply before the thread was moved...

And sheesh, I didn't know that they had mentioned appendix problems when I made the post, or obviously I wouldn't have said it in the first place...   :-[

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »

I made that reply before the thread was moved...

And sheesh, I didn't know that they had mentioned appendix problems when I made the post, or obviously I wouldn't have said it in the first place...   :-[
There's still stuff to talk about though!

btw- I haven't watched the CTV promo for next week.  Did they even mention appendicitis in yours, Jo?  I've found the US & Canadian promos to vary quite a bit sometimes.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »
Wonder where they are going with this story line. Seems to be anti climatic since we know Jack lives and gets off the island. Not really a mystery, unless (as others have suggested) how he survives holds some surprises

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »
Our promo after the show for next time on Lost certainly didn't say anything about appendicitis...
I thought I was being all insightful! lol  :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
Our promo after the show for next time on Lost certainly didn't say anything about appendicitis...
I thought I was being all insightful! lol  :D
Well good call then!  :D  You were! ;D

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
they do have that medical station close by so I think Jack could walk Juliet through the surgery if she doesn't already know how to do it. I would hate to see the producers make a huge deal out of this. We obviously know Jack doesn't die so they really shouldn't play it out that much.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
Unless...it has to do with why he can't bear to visit Aaron in the future - will he be unwell just when his sis needs him the most - just like he was draining his blood into Boone when Claire gave birth to Aaron?  Hmmm...possible parallel.