Author Topic: Thoughts on the Doctor?  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on the Doctor?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 12:03:01 AM »
If that's the case, then the mercs would've demanded he wear the same camouflage gear, and not the visible civvies he had on when he washed ashore.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:32 AM »

Ok I found the pic. This is from Ji Yeon.
Clearly you can see a healing wound.

Everyone's theory does make sense IF there was no wound. But clearly there is a wound healded more in the past, then he is found now dead with stitches.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:26:38 AM by CowboyUp »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
Someone slits the Doc's throat and throws him overboard.  He washes up on shore, but since his body didn't follow the right heading it arrives in the past.  In other words, the Doc is alive on board, but someone is going to kill him in the future.  Does this make sense?
It makes sense except that there should have been a delay instead.  They have already shown us that when Regina launched the rocket, it arrived AFTER Daniel thought it should have.

I was thinking that, depending on your heading, the time distortion might change, regardless of whether you were coming or going.  In other words, you could be off by minutes, hours, or days, etc. as well as being behind or forward in time.

He is dead and the boat people lied to Daniel
& then there's always this idea. ;)

Yeah, there's always that!  They've given us evidence of the time distortion, and I'm sure they know some of us think that's what's going on, but they could just be playing with us.............not enough data yet.............

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »
Someone slits the Doc's throat and throws him overboard.  He washes up on shore, but since his body didn't follow the right heading it arrives in the past.  In other words, the Doc is alive on board, but someone is going to kill him in the future.  Does this make sense?
It makes sense except that there should have been a delay instead.  They have already shown us that when Regina launched the rocket, it arrived AFTER Daniel thought it should have.

I was thinking that, depending on your heading, the time distortion might change, regardless of whether you were coming or going.  In other words, you could be off by minutes, hours, or days, etc. as well as being behind or forward in time.
Again that makes sense, if not for the wound...if the time changed and he went back in time, the cheek would be more fresh, and the throat cut would not be there...
He is dead and the boat people lied to Daniel
& then there's always this idea. ;)

Yeah, there's always that!  They've given us evidence of the time distortion, and I'm sure they know some of us think that's what's going on, but they could just be playing with us.............not enough data yet.............

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
anybody have a picture of what it looked like yesterday

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:44 AM »
?
anybody have a picture of what it looked like yesterday

I was just going to ask the same thing.  I've gotten confused (gee, how did THAT happen?), did the injury on the doc's face look older or more fresh when he washed up than it did when we last saw him on the boat

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 02:14:12 AM »
I think people are saying more fresh but if you think about it then shouldnt it be more fresh looking after floating in the water and being dead.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 02:18:39 AM »

Ok I found the pic. This is from Ji Yeon.
Clearly you can see a healing wound.

Everyone's theory does make sense IF there was no wound. But clearly there is a wound healded more in the past, then he is found now dead with stitches.

Fresh as in The shape of thing to come, he has stitches...in Ji Yeon he does not...you dont have stitches put in later, they are first then removed...it's backwards...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 02:27:31 AM »
Okay then, I'm officially going to climb up on the party fence, grab a beer, and watch how this one plays out!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »
Being in water doesn't make you grow stitches, huh. :-\

Wow....this one's really throwing me for a loop.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 02:36:29 AM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  this is becoming one of those that the writers have something fishy up there sleeve and it wont make sense to us for another 2 years or so.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2008, 02:38:55 AM »
I'm sayin!!!! LOL

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2008, 03:59:08 AM »
To complicate matters further, here is a screen cap of the Doctor from "The Constant", at the point of Des and Sayid's first arrival on the freighter.  He has no cut on his left cheek.  Clearly some violence involving him occurred between the time of "The Constant" and "Ji Yeon".

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
I agree we need to wait for more evidence. My $.02:

Yes, it could be some kind of time travel, but I'm betting the boaties are lyin' again. Could be the doc got in a scuffle with somebody who caught Reginitis and reopened the wound.....

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
Could be the doc got in a scuffle with somebody who caught Reginitis and reopened the wound.....
Same thought about the stitches as mine.
And we don't know who is answering Dan, too... As far as we know can even be Sayid and Des lies, to protect the beach people.