Author Topic: Thoughts on the Doctor?  (Read 15455 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Thoughts on the Doctor?
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:37 AM »
Any and all theories about 2 doctors in the same timeline??

One has a slit throat and the other is fine on the ship??

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on the Doctor?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »
The one on the ship has a healed cut on his face, the dead one has stitches.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:13:50 PM »
My take was this:

Someone slits the Doc's throat and throws him overboard.  He washes up on shore, but since his body didn't follow the right heading it arrives in the past.  In other words, the Doc is alive on board, but someone is going to kill him in the future.  Does this make sense?

As for the cuts, the timeline seems to be reverse, so I can't explain that.  He should have cuts and stitches while alive on the ship that are healed by the time he is killed and washes ashore.  I didn't notice them, but if they are the other way around, I don't have the answer (or even a theory) for that one.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
He is dead and the boat people lied to Daniel

Offline Joseph_Kerr

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »
My take was this:

Someone slits the Doc's throat and throws him overboard.  He washes up on shore, but since his body didn't follow the right heading it arrives in the past.  In other words, the Doc is alive on board, but someone is going to kill him in the future.  Does this make sense?

Makes sense to me.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
amen.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »
This is what I'm thinking, too.  But, I'm curious as to why Daniel then lied to the Losties.  Do you think Daniel believed the lie and decided that the Doctor was from the future (whether it's an hour or a month)?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Actually there are three doctors one on the ship, one in the ocean and one with a belly ache ...

Okay here we go again....;)  There is mutiny on the bounty and the wonderful Doc who attended Desmond is now dead.  Though I do find it odd that his body made it to the island from the freighter which is 80 to 90 miles away.

I would have thought we would see the body of patchy sooner than this doc. 

So my thought is again Mutiny on the bounty something has gone wrong on the ship, there aren't two docs running/floating whatever around here. 

Gault is the captain and by my takes another mercenary.  And as aptly put before he is dead, RIP, gone to the big island in the sky.

Let's not drag this dead body around for long....  ;D

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
I have to agree with Juggy

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »
screen shot of the dude on boat compared to the washed up one?

thankssssssssss

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »
My take was this:

Yes, totally.  I agree.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
Easy explanations for eveyrthing on Lost.  Load 'em up in your gun and shoot away.

1.  Everybody is lying. Everything you see on the show that you don't agree with is a character telling a lie.
2.  "The island" did it. The island is responsible for everything you see on the show that you don't understand (or don't want to).

Offline Medusa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »
I think that if Daniel lied about what the morse code message said, why wouldn't he lie about who the body was?  Just because he said it was the doctor doesn't mean he was telling the truth.  Maybe it was one of the mercs and he didn't want the Losties to know there were mercs on the ship.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »
I think that if Daniel lied about what the morse code message said, why wouldn't he lie about who the body was?  Just because he said it was the doctor doesn't mean he was telling the truth.  Maybe it was one of the mercs and he didn't want the Losties to know there were mercs on the ship.
We know he was telling the truth because we know what the doctor (Ray) looks like... it's him.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »
Help me sort through this.  In my mind there are now three different time-distortion scenarios between the island and the boat:

1-The probe disappeared from Regina's screen in seconds (while Regina and Daniel's conversation took place in sync).  It's internal timer showed a 2:45 but Daniel's clock showed 3:15 elapsed time.

2-Sayid/Desmond's helicopter trip took 20 minutes on board, but was a day and half to the Islanders (and the people on the boat as well -- they had an in sync conversation asking whether the boat had landed right?)

3-If the morse code response was a lie, that's one thing.  If the response was the truth, then the doctor died in the future and his dead body travelled back in time to arrive at the island ahead of the return morse code message.

In (2), the traveller (helicopter) perceived a normal travel time but was apparently stuck in a slowed-down limbo where time moved faster (in sync) on the island and on the boat.

In (1), the traveller (probe) perceived a travel time that was way longer than what should have taken less than a minute, but the island perceived an extra 30 minutes elapsed time on top of that.

In (3), the perceived elapsed time of the traveller (Doc) is unknown but is apparently a trip backwards in time from when he died (in the future) until he shows up dead on the island (before the morse code messaging).

So now, in transit, you can get caught in a tide that pushes you forward in time but also now a tide that can push you back in time?