Author Topic: Flirty, nosy Kate  (Read 10685 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Flirty, nosy Kate
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
You'll learn that whether or not you like something has very little to do with its reality.

Explain this please. I guess I'm so young that this is going over my head.

Pfthftf  ;D.  It's just, you can't go around arguing whether or not things are real based on whether or not you LIKE the idea.  I find it a weak argument.  But I'm a bristly animal-shaped boot wipe doormat.  So ignore me.
well pfthftf to you too.  i'll argue for things i want to be real as being real as long as i want.  so there.

christian AND kelvin are alive and well.....

...and when Lost is over, LB will still be watching as the credits roll...jaw open...sayin, wait, what about Christian and Kelvin...hehehehehehehe;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »
This is a different matter.  You like things and want them to be true - that's called wishing.  When things are real and you decide "I don't like that therefore it must not be true" - that's called De Nile.  :D

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2008, 09:44:43 AM »
This is a different matter.  You like things and want them to be true - that's called wishing.  When things are real and you decide "I don't like that therefore it must not be true" - that's called De Nile.  :D

I'll have you know I don't like most things regardless of how real or fake they are. LOL
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:16:51 PM by BobBX542 »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »

I'll have you know I don't like most thingsregardless of how real or fake they are. LOL
You're a real glass half full kind-of guy, aren't you.  :-\ ::) :D

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

I'll have you know I don't like most thingsregardless of how real or fake they are. LOL
You're a real glass half full kind-of guy, aren't you.  :-\ ::) :D

By no means. Always expect the worst, and you can't be anything but surprised if it comes out any other way.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »
You'll learn that whether or not you like something has very little to do with its reality.

Pfthftf  ;D.  It's just, you can't go around arguing whether or not things are real based on whether or not you LIKE the idea.  I find it a weak argument.  But I'm a bristly animal-shaped boot wipe doormat.  So ignore me.
Isn't that all this forum is? I don't like this idea, so I'm not supporting it. I really like this idea, so I'll support it. We haven't been given hard evidence for very much at all, so little can be said to be "fact."

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »

Isn't that all this forum is? I don't like this idea, so I'm not supporting it. I really like this idea, so I'll support it. We haven't been given hard evidence for very much at all, so little can be said to be "fact."

So, you're withholding judgment based on fact until you've watched all the 6 Lost season DVDs twice each?  :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2008, 02:42:51 AM »
This discussion sums up why I was so frustrated with the "I don't like teleportation" people a few weeks ago.  People were rating the episode low, because THEY didn't like teleportation.  That made no sense to me. lol

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »
This discussion sums up why I was so frustrated with the "I don't like teleportation" people a few weeks ago.  People were rating the episode low, because THEY didn't like teleportation.  That made no sense to me. lol

And the funny part is that until they tell us teleportation, we still don't know that's what it is. LOL

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
I actually gave it an ok rating. I liked the epi, just not the teleportation idea. There were other things I didn't like about the episode.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »

And the funny part is that until they tell us teleportation, we still don't know that's what it is. LOL
I'll give you that. lol

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »

I'll give you that. lol
I liked the episode as well, but I still like the idea of how the secrets of the island are kind of torn between ideas of teleportation and inner spirituality and goodness.  I was more of a fan of the karma theory and the whole "what's meant to be will be" idea,  the teleportation kind of throws that all off, but I'm along for the ride and I wanna see where it goes!!