Author Topic: Flirty, nosy Kate  (Read 10679 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Flirty, nosy Kate
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
It was the DUI, it happens every time. I don't care what the people behind the show say, apparently, they have a vendetta against drunk drivers.

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
Yes, the island is full of good looking people..odd isn't it? LOL  Obviously her story has not run its course since we know what happens in the future.  Apparently people think they are going to kill Sawyer next and that will piss me off!

I love it when they kill off characters that we like. It is so unexpected. I was exstatic when Eko died. Not because I didn't like him, in fact, he quickly became one of my favorites, but because it came out of no where. I thought it was great.

I agree you with totally - I love the unexpected!

The only character I couldn't live without is Ben, and I don't think he's gonna die anytime soon... lol

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
Didn't strike me as odd since Kate is a whore.  So basically it was typical Kate.

Awesome!  I really have been annoyed by Kate for this whole season.  Ugh. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »
Sheesh! Kate's a murderess which is plenty cause for dislike.

But she's not a whore by any reasonable definition of the word. Shoot, she showed way less skin than most people show at the beach! Or on Survivor.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »

But she's not a whore by any reasonable definition of the word. Shoot, she showed way less skin than most people show at the beach! Or on Survivor.

I'd have to agree that Kate is no whore.  Dr. Drew might say that Kate has been 'acting out' recently with Sawyer by throwing herself at him, except for the one time in the bear cage, only out of frustration that Jack was with Juliet.  I get the sense that she's renewed her interest in Jack, and will soon pick a fight with Juliet.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
I didn't see Kate's behavior as anything but normal.  In fact, the writers have shown us that it's abnormal for them to be private (think Sun in S1).  We've seen many, many others other Losties washing themselves/ sunbathing in plain view on the beach.   

I don't care one way or another as long as the ladies get equal skin time. lol  A shirtless Capn. Gault shot should even things out nicely.  ;D

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »
I didn't see Kate's behavior as anything but normal.  In fact, the writers have shown us that it's abnormal for them to be private (think Sun in S1).  We've seen many, many others other Losties washing themselves/ sunbathing in plain view on the beach.   

That's a neat observation.  The island perhaps prefers its human troupes to be cohesive, functioning units.  Next we'll see Sawyer picking the bugs out of Hurley's hair.

I don't care one way or another as long as the ladies get equal skin time. lol  A shirtless Capn. Gault shot should even things out nicely.  ;D

Yeah! Between people throwing themselves overboard with chain shirts and vicious beatings of mutinous crew members, I'm sure the Capt'n will be seen out on the Leto Deck in his Speedo with a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic and a Mai Tai.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »

I'd have to agree that Kate is no whore.  Dr. Drew might say that Kate has been 'acting out' recently with Sawyer by throwing herself at him, except for the one time in the bear cage, only out of frustration that Jack was with Juliet.  I get the sense that she's renewed her interest in Jack, and will soon pick a fight with Juliet.
That would be so awesome. I love Kate and can't stand Juliet. I would love to see Kate whoop her butt.  ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »

That would be so awesome. I love Kate and can't stand Juliet. I would love to see Kate whoop her butt.  ;D

Kate still gets come-uppance for the handcuff dealie!

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
That would be so awesome. I love Kate and can't stand Juliet. I would love to see Kate whoop her butt.  ;D

I donno. I think Juliet is in the lead:

Rec Room: Juliet, with deft ninja moves
Handcuffed together: fight: a draw. Overall, tho, as Juliet totally manipulated Kate: Juliet
Against Charlotte: Kate got blindsided, whereas Juliet came out on top: Juliet

I don't know if Kate has what it takes to whoop my Juliet!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »

That's a neat observation.  The island perhaps prefers its human troupes to be cohesive, functioning units.  Next we'll see Sawyer picking the bugs out of Hurley's hair.

Yeah! Between people throwing themselves overboard with chain shirts and vicious beatings of mutinous crew members, I'm sure the Capt'n will be seen out on the Leto Deck in his Speedo with a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic and a Mai Tai.
That's not quite the vision I had in mind... :-\ ::) :D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
That would be so awesome. I love Kate and can't stand Juliet. I would love to see Kate whoop her butt.  ;D

I donno. I think Juliet is in the lead:

Rec Room: Juliet, with deft ninja moves
Handcuffed together: fight: a draw. Overall, tho, as Juliet totally manipulated Kate: Juliet
Against Charlotte: Kate got blindsided, whereas Juliet came out on top: Juliet

I don't know if Kate has what it takes to whoop my Juliet!

Seriously!  Kate was the alpha female until that blondie blonde showed up!  :D

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »

It's like the recent 'What Females Want' & 'What Males Will Do' episodes on Nature on PBS!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »

It's like the recent 'What Females Want' & 'What Males Will Do' episodes on Nature on PBS!

That's probably exactly right!  :D

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »
BTW, I just love the opening music & video for Nature.  It's so earthy and appropriate, yet somewhat haunting, like the threat of global warming is stalking 'nature' (tho, not as farcical as South Park portrays it).