Author Topic: The Secret room within the secret room and was smokey hiding in the closet?  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
It was obviously a cave.. he came out all dirty.. covered in soot or something..

On second thought..Maybe he's not controlling smokie.. but just literally opened the gates to let smokie in..

It was like Ben called in a "Broken Arrow". In the military, when you are over run by the enemy, you can call in an airstrike on your own position. You hunker down and HOPE you don't get killed by your own team. It is always a last resort to being killed.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Maybe Smokey operates like a decision tree, sensing then attacking the most serious threats to the island first.  In which case, Ben felt confident that Smokey would leave the lesser threat (himself, the Losties) alone, so let him into Othertown.

I think it more likely that Smokey is like Hal, and Ben went down his little cave to the Smokey control room, and changed Smokey's parameters.

What I'd like to know is, when we will learn about the underground system of tunnels indicated by the blast door map?  The fact that Ben didn't use them in this crisis suggests that, if they ever existed, they are no longer operable. I.e. they collapsed, flooded, etc.

I am in to many threads to recall the exact one, but I will update this post when I do find my reference.  My point is simple.  After thinking about this and seeing the previews for this April 24th show, I thought to myself, Smokey (my hero) is not going to let anyone from our island get hurt.  And when Ben went into this cave door, that just cracks me up (and goes back to season one caves) I thought he is either going to speak with Jacob (his reference to he changed the rules) or he ran away and is leaving our friends.  But that was soon changed when he asked them to get out of the house and head for the tree line, I knew the calvary was coming. 

I knew smokey was going to whup some butt, (oh I will place this next comment in the spoiler section it refers to next weeks episode).  He did and it was long and mean! Smokey had left the building and was having fun.

So after a screen shot review we can figure this door out. 

We now understand some more as to why Ben needs that room, and thank goodness they didn't blow it up.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
He came out all muddy also

Oh....you thought Muddy?  I thought he looked more "soot-y" or covered in ash.  (Don't really know if sooty is a word....)  If the secret secret room leads to Jacob (which really doesn't make sense because he said he needed Hurley to find the cabin) then he would have had to cross that line of black powder that surrounds his cabin....

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Im starting to think more and more that there is a little box on the island that can bring you anything you want.  Just like Ben told Locke.

Anyone else think this.

I said the exact thing to my husband after the episode ended. Ben was being literal about the box!

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Ah yes, leave it to Ben to have yet another door that let him release smokey?   
The ironic thing is that the house is small, so to have the secret room and then another one that is leading to a cave or perphaps Jacob...

well, point is here we go again with Ben.

I don't think it leads to Jacob...why would Ben say that they needed Hurley to find him?  That part confuses me a bit. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
i thought he looked muddy, not sooty.  what got me was that the cave was obviously old, very old.  which makes me think they built this house on top of the cave.  maybe it is the key to controlling smokey.  maybe there's another button to push to control the electromagnetic mumbo jumbo, and that's how he's controlled.

Offline OhJoy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Correct me if I am wrong.. I also am not 100% on the connection I am trying to make with this but remember when smokey was chasing a few of the losties (I want to say Kate, Jack, Locke, Sawyer) and they reached the big electric fence, they climbed over it but then smokey couldn't get through it and kinda just went away... I guess what I am saying is that at that time, I believed that the fence was to keep smokey out of othersville bc it was bad.. now this gives me a whole new theory on smokey and its roots and motives... the only other thing about the whole he cant get through the fence is that he doesnt have to bc he takes the underground tunnels... also, that scene made it clear that Ben did somehow activate it....

sorry i just rambled

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
He didn't look muddy to me, but sooty. Muddy would have meant his clothes would have been damp/wet and clung to him differently than they did. Definitely dirt/soot but not mud/wet.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
He didn't look muddy to me, but sooty. Muddy would have meant his clothes would have been damp/wet and clung to him differently than they did. Definitely dirt/soot but not mud/wet.
well, i meant dirt.  i could have said dirty, but dirty means any number of things, so i said muddy.  he was dirty as in from dirt as opposed to sooty as in from soot, or ash.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
HE might of been opening something up for smokie, but he was confident in what the results were going to be and that he was not going to get attacked
He was also confident that Keamy wouldn't kill Alex...

I think it seems like a pretty sure bet that the tunnels under the island are Smokey's domain.  Smokey tried to drag Locke undergound. The blast door map talked about the C.V.'s ("Cerberus Vents"? was that confirmed or just speculation?) -- but Cerberus (Greek mythology's three headed hound guarding the underworld) seems like it's got to be Smokey's name.  Ben just so happens to have a convenient entrance to Cerberus's lair right from his secret room!
I believe this was confirmed. It was also strongly suggested that Cerberus means Smokey.
well, i meant dirt.  i could have said dirty, but dirty means any number of things, so i said muddy.  he was dirty as in from dirt as opposed to sooty as in from soot, or ash.
I thought he looked dirt-y too.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
I agree with dry dirty as opposed to muddy. Not sure if he actively called Smokie or just opened a hatchway somewhere that let Smokie come in. I don't think he has the monster under full control or there'd be no need for them to run away, would there?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
he looked like he just got back from a long day at the foundry

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
he was in a cave!!! getting dirt on you isnt a far stretch...of course setting off his smokey thumper is another thing...

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
It was obviously a cave.. he came out all dirty.. covered in soot or something..

On second thought..Maybe he's not controlling smokie.. but just literally opened the gates to let smokie in..

It was like Ben called in a "Broken Arrow". In the military, when you are over run by the enemy, you can call in an airstrike on your own position. You hunker down and HOPE you don't get killed by your own team. It is always a last resort to being killed.

Broken Arrow is an event involving nukes.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Dirty, Sooty, muddy whatever condition he came back into the room we can agree Ben affected Smokey to do it's work.

But the purpose of this was the secret room inside that room.  Does anyone know what the hieroglyphics say?

There has to be a reason that door and room was kept hidden.  Does it lead to the temple?  If those underground caves and not the ones Dharma created, were there from a time prior to Dharma. What is the purpose other than going to other places on the island.

I guess we do know that Smokey is hiding down there.