Author Topic: The Secret room within the secret room and was smokey hiding in the closet?  (Read 8958 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Ah yes, leave it to Ben to have yet another door that let him release smokey?   
The ironic thing is that the house is small, so to have the secret room and then another one that is leading to a cave or perphaps Jacob...

well, point is here we go again with Ben.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Not many secret rooms have secret rooms, but Ben has one!!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Maybe Ben is a twin and that is why he needs all those extra rooms

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
What was inside that room?  Looked like cave drawings or runes or something.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
He came out all muddy also

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
It was obviously a cave.. he came out all dirty.. covered in soot or something..

On second thought..Maybe he's not controlling smokie.. but just literally opened the gates to let smokie in..

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
HE might of been opening something up for smokie, but he was confident in what the results were going to be and that he was not going to get attacked

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
HE might of been opening something up for smokie, but he was confident in what the results were going to be and that he was not going to get attacked

I agree, but he did want to be away from the freighters, as if Smokie is like a trained bear, he can do tricks but don't let him get hungry!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
that seemed like all the smokies in one, it was huge

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Im starting to think more and more that there is a little box on the island that can bring you anything you want.  Just like Ben told Locke.

Anyone else think this.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Maybe Smokey operates like a decision tree, sensing then attacking the most serious threats to the island first.  In which case, Ben felt confident that Smokey would leave the lesser threat (himself, the Losties) alone, so let him into Othertown.

I think it more likely that Smokey is like Hal, and Ben went down his little cave to the Smokey control room, and changed Smokey's parameters.

What I'd like to know is, when we will learn about the underground system of tunnels indicated by the blast door map?  The fact that Ben didn't use them in this crisis suggests that, if they ever existed, they are no longer operable. I.e. they collapsed, flooded, etc.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Ben's allusion to Widmore's 'breaking the rules' provides an explanation for why Ben hasn't used the iron fist of Smokey more liberally in the past, and instead depended on his more subtle tactics.  Now with the gloves off, we're guaranteed more wonderful zaniness from the show.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Maybe Smokie gained access to them and now they aren't safe to travel?

Oh and I love the title about Smokie hiding 'in the closet'.  Maybe all Ben had to do was tell Smokie that Tom was dead and that set him off!   ;D

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
I think it seems like a pretty sure bet that the tunnels under the island are Smokey's domain.  Smokey tried to drag Locke undergound. The blast door map talked about the C.V.'s ("Cerberus Vents"? was that confirmed or just speculation?) -- but Cerberus (Greek mythology's three headed hound guarding the underworld) seems like it's got to be Smokey's name.  Ben just so happens to have a convenient entrance to Cerberus's lair right from his secret room!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
I don't remember if anything has been officially confirmed about Smokey being Cerberus, but I think it's a safe bet that that's his name.  When it was attacking Juliet and Kate, it had 3 dog faces, or maybe it was just one.  I don't remember.