Author Topic: Sawyer sweet on Claire?  (Read 16034 times)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer sweet on Claire?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »
My take on it all, is that Claire just lost Charlie and has a brand new baby to take care of by herself - if I was Sawyer, I'm be more concerned about her than Kate too... Kate can look after herself... Claire tends to get herself kidnapped and almost blown up. In a small way, Sawyer can redeem himself by looking after her.

And on a side note, I was just trying to think about things that have happened to Claire in this show in 4 seasons... she's got to be the most boring character on the entire show, imho of course. Yeah, back in season 1 she got kidnapped and had all the drama with Ethan, but since then, booooring! lol

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
My take on it all, is that Claire just lost Charlie and has a brand new baby to take care of by herself - if I was Sawyer, I'm be more concerned about her than Kate too... Kate can look after herself... Claire tends to get herself kidnapped and almost blown up. In a small way, Sawyer can redeem himself by looking after her.

And on a side note, I was just trying to think about things that have happened to Claire in this show in 4 seasons... she's got to be the most boring character on the entire show, imho of course. Yeah, back in season 1 she got kidnapped and had all the drama with Ethan, but since then, booooring! lol
Yeah, you're right. Give me more Claire action!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »

And bring back the smokin' black hair!  :o

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
 ::) you guys are too silly! I don't think Claire would go for Sawyer anyways!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
::) you guys are too silly! I don't think Claire would go for Sawyer anyways!
I agree!

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »

HAHA, I was thinking more along the lines of getting rid of her! lol  :D

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »
I like Juggy's future romance idea. If they both survive on the Island after the O6 leave I can see them being drawn to each other. And it'd set up an even more interesting dynamic when Kate goes back to the Island.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 08:49:59 PM »
what is up with the deadly accuracy of the freighties, except when its a main character. they nailed those three that came out like nothing, but sawyer hiding behind a pickett fence was too elusive a target apparently.
Could the island have been protecting Sawyer as in Michael's suicide attempts? That's my take on it. Sawyer still has work to do. Which presumes Alex's work was done.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
I like Juggy's future romance idea. If they both survive on the Island after the O6 leave I can see them being drawn to each other. And it'd set up an even more interesting dynamic when Kate goes back to the Island.

An interesting twist, but I just can't see it for some reason. I think we are just seeing a softer side of Sawyer (me likey!!!) and he is allowing himself to care about the friends he's made on the island.  I've never seen him really stand up for Hurley either.  And you heard what he said to Locke if anything should happen to Hurley.  So I think it's just that he's a changed man.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
Yeah, good point about Hurley. Could be they're setting him up to be a leader of those left on the Island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
I am not suggesting he is going to jump her bones soon, but I think they are leading us to a future romance. Maybe after the oceanic 6 leave.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
i think he is just being protective of claire.  she is the helpless female and he's trying to take care of her.  that's it.

as for hurley, he just doesn't want locke and ben to take advantage of hurley.

i think they are just showing us that sawyer does have a softer side, not just the side that cares for kate, but the side that has truly devolped relationships with his fellow losties and has genuine caring for them.

i think we're being set up for sawyer's death.

I'm afraid that you may be right.  That whole redemption thing.  Now that Sawyer's gotten rid of the poison that's been sitting inside him for years, he's turning a new leaf.  And that's when they getcha!
i've been saying this (that we're being set up for his death) ever since he killed the real sawyer.
I agree with LB on all points.  His story arc is complete.  A noble & sacrificial death would finish off his character nicely.

Actually, I assumed he was being protective of Claire (running to get her and bring her back to safety) as much because she is a young mother and the thought of that baby being motherless was a bit much for him to swallow (or any of them, really -- Aaron seemed to cry more in this episode than all the others combined!).
This was exactly my thought especially considering his own mother's tragic death & the fact that he's a father.  We know his heart grew a few sizes when he found out about Clementine. :)  He's a big softie underneath that crunchy shell. ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

This was exactly my thought especially considering his own mother's tragic death & the fact that he's a father.  We know his heart grew a few sizes when he found out about Clementine. :)  He's a big softie underneath that crunchy shell. ;D

A Sawyer candy bar?  ;)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »

A Sawyer candy bar?  ;)
Sooooo many directions I could go with this one, but *adjusting my halo* I shall refrain. ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »

A Sawyer candy bar?  ;)
Sooooo many directions I could go with this one, but *adjusting my halo* I shall refrain. ;D

Control is a mark of greatness.  ;)