Author Topic: Sawyer sweet on Claire?  (Read 20024 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer sweet on Claire?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
i think he is just being protective of claire.  she is the helpless female and he's trying to take care of her.  that's it.

as for hurley, he just doesn't want locke and ben to take advantage of hurley.

i think they are just showing us that sawyer does have a softer side, not just the side that cares for kate, but the side that has truly devolped relationships with his fellow losties and has genuine caring for them.

i think we're being set up for sawyer's death.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
agreed I think he was just being protective. It was nice seeing a different side to Sawyer-meaning he isn't only out for himself

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
i think he is just being protective of claire.  she is the helpless female and he's trying to take care of her.  that's it.

i think they are just showing us that sawyer does have a softer side, not just the side that cares for kate, but the side that has truly devolped relationships with his fellow losties and has genuine caring for them.

I'm afraid that you may be right.  That whole redemption thing.  Now that Sawyer's gotten rid of the poison that's been sitting inside him for years, he's turning a new leaf.  And that's when they getcha!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »

I'm afraid that you may be right.  That whole redemption thing.  Now that Sawyer's gotten rid of the poison that's been sitting inside him for years, he's turning a new leaf.  And that's when they getcha!
i've been saying this (that we're being set up for his death) ever since he killed the real sawyer.

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »
agreed I think he was just being protective. It was nice seeing a different side to Sawyer-meaning he isn't only out for himself
I agree completely!! I don't think he was as close to the three that were killed so easily obviously, but he did make an effort to yell at them and tell them to get back into the house.  I don't know that I believe that Claire dying will have anything to do with why he stays on the island though.  I think it will be more because on the island, he has become a more caring, respectable human being despite his antics here and there.  I mean, you can't expect him to change completely, right??  But I think he will decide to stay on the island so that he can continue to be the person he is now, and not go back to real life and go back to being the person he was before. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »

i've been saying this (that we're being set up for his death) ever since he killed the real sawyer.
I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, LB.

I agree completely!! I don't think he was as close to the three that were killed so easily obviously, but he did make an effort to yell at them and tell them to get back into the house.  I don't know that I believe that Claire dying will have anything to do with why he stays on the island though.  I think it will be more because on the island, he has become a more caring, respectable human being despite his antics here and there.  I mean, you can't expect him to change completely, right??  But I think he will decide to stay on the island so that he can continue to be the person he is now, and not go back to real life and go back to being the person he was before. 
I'm not sure this is the real reason for him staying. I think rather that he wants to be free. He is no longer pursuing Cooper, so he really doesn't know what to do. We've seen a new side of Sawyer since late S3, and I'm beginning to actually like the ex-conman. By the way, Sawyer was one of my least favorite characters after S1, just behind Boone and Shannon.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
I don't think I could watch Lost if they killed Sawyer.  Claire will die before him surely.  I agree that he has turned over a new leaf since killing Cooper.  And that is what we are seeing.  No romantic involvement.

I'm totally bummed now after reading this thread.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
I'm not sure this is the real reason for him staying. I think rather that he wants to be free. He is no longer pursuing Cooper, so he really doesn't know what to do.

He could always take over being the Dread Pirate Roberts.  :D

Actually, I assumed he was being protective of Claire (running to get her and bring her back to safety) as much because she is a young mother and the thought of that baby being motherless was a bit much for him to swallow (or any of them, really -- Aaron seemed to cry more in this episode than all the others combined!).

I think Sawyer really senses just how dire everything is/was at that point and responded in new-Sawyer fashion (to Claire, to Hurley later, etc.).

Offline Toeknee

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »
I was laughing about the bullets not piercing that table.  I suppose it's possible if they're using hollow points, but I'm just pretending like I know about guns.

I think No Bullets Hit Sawyer Cause The island still has a use for him.. Clair as well.  Her House was blown up by a rocket and she was fine.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »

And I've been right behind you every time!  He surely seems to be on that path.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
I was laughing about the bullets not piercing that table.  I suppose it's possible if they're using hollow points, but I'm just pretending like I know about guns.

I think No Bullets Hit Sawyer Cause The island still has a use for him.. Clair as well.  Her House was blown up by a rocket and she was fine.
Very good point!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
I really think they were trying to show some future chance of romance between them.

I agree that Sawyer has begun to change. He really wanted to stay with him at the village and "play house". He has grown to like his roommate hurley and is looking out for the single mum. But there was a little more to it than just that.

It will lead to a tearful conclusion for someone.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
I really think they were trying to show some future chance of romance between them.

I agree that Sawyer has begun to change. He really wanted to stay with him at the village and "play house". He has grown to like his roommate hurley and is looking out for the single mum. But there was a little more to it than just that.

I hear that if you spend an extended amount of time with someone of the opposite sex, a certain attraction is bound to occur.

Especially if the girl is a hot Aussie chick.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »

I hear that if you spend an extended amount of time with someone of the opposite sex, a certain attraction is bound to occur.

Especially if the girl is a hot Aussie chick.
I agree with JB

Offline Erin

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
Lost wouldn't be the same for me without Sawyer.  I felt he was being protective, I think because of how close they all were to Charlie- who looked out for Claire.

I don't think he would make a good Dread Pirate Roberts- can't picture him yelling "Buttercup!"