Author Topic: Sawyer sweet on Claire?  (Read 16916 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Sawyer sweet on Claire?
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »
Sawyer was really worried about Claire and no one else. Even Hurley was not that concerned.

Is there a romance blooming here? He even called her sweatheart. He was kinder to Claire than he ever has been to Kate.

What is going on with those.

He even stood up for Hurley.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer sweet on Claire?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »
Sawyer was really worried about Claire and no one else. Even Hurley was not that concerned.

Is there a romance blooming here? He even called her sweatheart. He was kinder to Claire than he ever has been to Kate.

Really now... starting rumors Jug?  I think we are seeing a Sawyer that has not been able to be himself for quite sometime.  The dynamics have changed and he possibly felt compelled to take charge and take care of these folks.

Frankly I think Claire would tell him to bite a tree.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:41:39 AM by LostinLock »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:39:14 AM »
It suprised me, but I noticed it very strongly throughout the ep.

Might be leading us to something.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:40:12 AM »
I think it's just showing us that Sawyer is becoming a nice guy and that he has changed a lot since he first came to the island.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »
I think it was funny how they all only wanted to care for the main people on the island.  As in the other three 815ers that got shot he didnt care about but the ones we know he does care about.  Just thought this was funny.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:24 AM »
I think it was funny how they all only wanted to care for the main people on the island.  As in the other three 815ers that got shot he didnt care about but the ones we know he does care about.  Just thought this was funny.

I don't remember any of their name do you?   ;)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »

Really now... starting rumors Jug?  I think we are seeing a Sawyer that has not been able to be himself for quite sometime.  The dynamics have changed and he possibly felt compelled to take charge and take care of these folks.

Frankly I think Cllaire would tell him to bite a tree.

Gotta agree, Sawyer is steppin' up to protect those that are following Locke because he isn't convinced Locke knows what he is doing and will never completely trust Ben.

Not that he wouldn't throw Claire in the sand given the chance.............I'm just sayin'  ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »
I know, they killed those three with out much reaction from Sawyer. Just kept asking about Claire.

Redshirts are cheap!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:04:44 AM »
what is up with the deadly accuracy of the freighties, except when its a main character. they nailed those three that came out like nothing, but sawyer hiding behind a pickett fence was too elusive a target apparently.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:50:41 AM »
Yea.  Im gonna hied behind a wood table so these guys that have high powered guns that shoot through wood cant hit me.   

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 04:58:06 AM »
I was laughing about the bullets not piercing that table.  I suppose it's possible if they're using hollow points, but I'm just pretending like I know about guns.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
I think they are bringing us to a point where Sawyer breaks down and cries when Claire gets shot/killed... And that is his reason fro staying on the island. Big bad Sawyer is human after all.

Offline BTBM

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »
I believe that Sawyer atoned for his misdeeds by killing Anthony Cooper. That was the end of his con-man career. I noticed that he stopped using nicknames around that time, and showed a genuine concern for people like Kate, Claire, and especially Hurley.

Speaking of Hugo, I think Sawyer gained a whole new respect for him after Hurley pulled off the deus ex machina with the VW Bus on the beach.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »

I don't remember any of their name do you?   ;)
Let's see, we had redshirt#1, redshirt#2, redshirt#3...    ::)

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
I don't think his determination had anythign to do with romance. I agree with some of the comments above that we are just seeing a new side of Sawyer.  Another example of this is when he tells Ben that he'll killhim if he hurts a single hair on Hurley's curly head.  I know I couldn't help saying "aw" to that one. Sawyer is a changed man.