Author Topic: 'The Game' is . . .  (Read 5554 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: 'The Game' is . . .
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »
Next you'll expect me to be able to recite the Lay of Beren and Lúthien verbatim.
I can't even pronounce that....

oh btw, the game would be more like backgammon...back on topic LOL

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 05:15:59 AM »
But your pieces don't die in backgammon, and get to come back in the game.  Unlike the scores of folks who've been sacrificed in these first four seasons.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
Although the pieces move in a circular way in Monopoly, you could think of it (and this is a stretch) that they're actually jumping.

Let's say that "Go" is the earliest that Ben can time travel...how about an arbitrary 2001, and the last square (Park Place?) is 2005 when he is operating Sayid.  Just a thought exercise here, folks.

Ben has an idea of where he'll land...roughly.  His racecar's not gonna be flung all the way past "Go to Jail" on the first roll, but he'll still have to ask the front desk clerk what neighborhood he's in.

On subsequent rolls, he manages to arrange to have all of the orange properties.  This is a metaphor for having "gotten to" Sawyer, his dad, and his girlfriend...or any other group of connected people or events.  The point is that he's secured those people/events while Widmore has been working on his own properties.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 06:36:43 AM »
all these games take too long.... my kids have the attention span of a gnat.. I dream of a long game of Monopoly or better still Trivial Pursuits... love it... mebbe I should send my kids the the island they'd end that game in a heartbeat and have the Dharmaites playing Barbie within minutes...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:23 PM »
Next you'll expect me to be able to recite the Lay of Beren and Lúthien verbatim.
You mean you can't? ;)