Author Topic: Why Sayid is working for Ben  (Read 8573 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why Sayid is working for Ben
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Yeah, there has to be a way around this for Muslims that are killed far from home. Perhaps a special dispensation of a sort. Sadly, we'll probably never know....

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »
How was Nadia killed 5 days before she was buried?  Her religion dictates that her body must be laid to rest within 24 hours.  This is a time quagmire because I can guaranflippingtee you that Sayid would bury her within 24 hours, as he did his buddy who committed suicide in S2 when the CIA got Sayid to spy on his buddy so as to find out where Nadia was.

This timeline makes no sense whatsoever, particularly given Sayid's devotion to his religion.  We've seen him in a few instances at prayer rituals on the Island.

cheers
*Des8
Couldn't the extra time be due to it being more important to bring Nadia's body home first? 

That was the point I was trying to make. There are a whole slew of reasons why he might not have had her in the ground right away, andI hate to sound racist again, but does anyone really think that there would be any kind of special treatment given to Muslims just because it's a body?? I don't. Not in this day and age.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
I had completely forgotten until i went back and rewatched the scene, but Ben does say when he shows Sayid the picture that it was five days ago in Los Angeles that she got hit....

the fact that Sayid had to wait that long to bury Nadia in her homeland makes it even more heartbreaking for him, I bet.  Particularly because if you recall, Sayid was on 815 BECAUSE he delayed his original trip to Sydney to bury his friend in keeping with his religion.

How sad... :(

*Des8

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »
I had completely forgotten until i went back and rewatched the scene, but Ben does say when he shows Sayid the picture that it was five days ago in Los Angeles that she got hit....

the fact that Sayid had to wait that long to bury Nadia in her homeland makes it even more heartbreaking for him, I bet.  Particularly because if you recall, Sayid was on 815 BECAUSE he delayed his original trip to Sydney to bury his friend in keeping with his religion.

*Des8
I'm so glad you rewatched before I could reply.  I'm skeered to argue with Des8! ;D

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 01:45:43 AM »

*Des8
I'm so glad you rewatched before I could reply.  I'm skeered to argue with Des8! ;D

LOL and high.... LTNS  :)
cheers
*Des8