Author Topic: Why Sayid is working for Ben  (Read 8262 times)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Why Sayid is working for Ben
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Wasn't the info at on the picture that Ben showed Sayid??
I don't recall that it was but I only watched the original airing last night (and 10pm is too late to catch everything).  You watched it again at lunch... did you see the info?

Actually, never mind.  Why would Bakir be watching the funeral procession if he didn't play a part in her death.  He must be responsible and we know that he works for Widmore because Ben wanted to have him give Widmore a msg.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »
Wasn't the info at on the picture that Ben showed Sayid??
I don't recall that it was but I only watched the original airing last night (and 10pm is too late to catch everything).  You watched it again at lunch... did you see the info?

Actually, never mind.  Why would Bakir be watching the funeral procession if he didn't play a part in her death.  He must be responsible and we know that he works for Widmore because Ben wanted to have him give Widmore a msg.

I saw some stuff in the rewatching, but wasn't really looking at that at the moment. As for the rest, I assumed it was just a nice happy coincidence that Ben saw Sayid on TV and decided to use it to his advantage.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »
So did Nadia die after Ben teleported into Tunisia?  I'm assuming Ben traveled by horseback from there to Iraq, which would've taken several days at least, and they were just having her funeral.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
it almost makes me wonder if ben could have been behind nadia's death.  just to get sayid's help.

Exactly what I thought as been turned around and walked away from Sayid with that smirk on his face.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
So did Nadia die after Ben teleported into Tunisia?  I'm assuming Ben traveled by horseback from there to Iraq, which would've taken several days at least, and they were just having her funeral.

he did see the footage while he was checking in....so that is a good presumption.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
The hotel was in Tunisia and Ben obviously has access to money, so we can assume he traveled in a more modern fashion to Iraq.

I won't believe Widmore engineered Nadia's death until someone comes up with a likely motive. Ben, on the other hand has a motive. He needs a killer and knows how to manipulate Sayid. I'm less sure that Ben had the opportunity though as he was apparently pretty busy hurting his arm and teleporting about the time of her death. So, I'm not sure.

Bakir could just be watching Sayid. I'd lay odds that Widmore's got all of the O6 under surveillance.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »
The hotel was in Tunisia and Ben obviously has access to money, so we can assume he traveled in a more modern fashion to Iraq.

I won't believe Widmore engineered Nadia's death until someone comes up with a likely motive. Ben, on the other hand has a motive. He needs a killer and knows how to manipulate Sayid. I'm less sure that Ben had the opportunity though as he was apparently pretty busy hurting his arm and teleporting about the time of her death. So, I'm not sure.  100& agree.  Ben was a man on a mission.  Did he travel to Iraq just to work on his tan? ::)  Nadia was murdered 5 days before Sayid & Ben met in Tikrit.  The timing is too precise to ignore! 

That fence causes chafing.  I've got my feet on the ground with this one. ;)  Watch it with those Dr. Pepper cans!

Bakir could just be watching Sayid. I'd lay odds that Widmore's got all of the O6 under surveillance. 
Agreed.  Abaddon was watching Hurley, Elsa was watching Sayid, etc.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »
do see that ben has more motive in nadia's death, is hard to see this one for the trees in the forest are blocking the forest (?)...

with if's being the sinkholes in many an idea is a hard read indeed...I at this point trust neither, seeing the ends they will go to...

was widdy having sayid watched in case ben came a looking for him? the guy watching him? was he working for ben really thinking he was working for widdy, that fits within a ben M.O., the twisty turnin' con man....it's like a pretzel in knot theory.....*whoosh*
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »
Since I'm kind of a Ben fan, I say Widmore was up to it. That being said, I believe Ben wanted to recruit Sayid by handing over the killer. He probably didn't want to meet him right away (he tried to run when Sayid saw him), that's why he had to make up the story of how he got there, but his objective was accomplished nonetheless.

Still, Sayid's gulllibility surprises me. He could have tried to ask Bakir a few questions before capping him.

I believe Ben is not evil, that he would not kill an innocent person (Nadia), but he knows how to take advantage out of a given situation.

P.S. I was right about the boat people being the Russeau and Carl shooters. It was obvious from the start - the others wouldn't have opened fire risking to shoot Alex. Ben is not a cold blooded killer (he had to kill the arab guy and he left the other one alive).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:07:57 PM by nomteticus »

Offline sommersby

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 04:54:14 AM »
it 's because ben is the  only way for Sayiid to get his revange

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 10:01:15 PM »
Ben is "the avenger" - he brought Locke's dad to Sawyer (via Locke) and Nadia's killer to Sayid...

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
it almost makes me wonder if ben could have been behind nadia's death.  just to get sayid's help.

Ding, ding, ding. That's what I think.

Too "big picture" for me. I think it was Widmore that did it, and Ben just knows how to manipulate people and situations to suit him.
Amen, brothah.  I believe Ben also manipulated the situation; he knew what Widmore's next chess move would be and trumped him on it.

I also must tell my good chat buddy Juggie:  Bring back "Is Kelvin Dead" string.  Just because you're tired of it doesn't mean we are, and it also doesn't mean that because it's locked now that it isn't a pertinent thread to the overall storyline--particularly after tonight's epi in which we find out Christian is back.

Kelvin is alive, and we'll see him again.  <wink> to BRB

Kelvie cheers
*Des8

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »

I won't believe Widmore engineered Nadia's death until someone comes up with a likely motive. Ben, on the other hand has a motive. He needs a killer and knows how to manipulate Sayid. I'm less sure that Ben had the opportunity though as he was apparently pretty busy hurting his arm and teleporting about the time of her death. So, I'm not sure.  100& agree.  Ben was a man on a mission.  Did he travel to Iraq just to work on his tan? ::)  Nadia was murdered 5 days before Sayid & Ben met in Tikrit.  The timing is too precise to ignore! 

That fence causes chafing.  I've got my feet on the ground with this one. ;)  Watch it with those Dr. Pepper cans!

How was Nadia killed 5 days before she was buried?  Her religion dictates that her body must be laid to rest within 24 hours.  This is a time quagmire because I can guaranflippingtee you that Sayid would bury her within 24 hours, as he did his buddy who committed suicide in S2 when the CIA got Sayid to spy on his buddy so as to find out where Nadia was.

This timeline makes no sense whatsoever, particularly given Sayid's devotion to his religion.  We've seen him in a few instances at prayer rituals on the Island.

cheers
*Des8

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »

How was Nadia killed 5 days before she was buried?  Her religion dictates that her body must be laid to rest within 24 hours.  This is a time quagmire because I can guaranflippingtee you that Sayid would bury her within 24 hours, as he did his buddy who committed suicide in S2 when the CIA got Sayid to spy on his buddy so as to find out where Nadia was.

This timeline makes no sense whatsoever, particularly given Sayid's devotion to his religion.  We've seen him in a few instances at prayer rituals on the Island.

cheers
*Des8

I agree with the time thing and the burial, but you have to accept the fact that sometimes things happen that hinder the actual process. Look at Jack's dad. They almost didn't allow the body on the plane, and not to sound racist about this, but maybe they thought that Sayid was a terrorist or something, and that the body actually had a bomb in it. I know how ridiculous that sounds, and I don't believe that myself, but there are several reasons why he might not have been able to bury her right away.

As for the Kelvin thread, don't worry about it, we're basically over it now. I'm just leaving the juggy line in my sig just for a while for the hell of it.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »

cheers
*Des8
Couldn't the extra time be due to it being more important to bring Nadia's body home first?