Author Topic: Ben vs Widmore  (Read 14029 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Ben vs Widmore
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if Penny is evil.  I'm not convinced that the Black Rock book led Widmore to the island.  I'm wondering Penny told her dad where the island was since it seems weird how she had these guys out in the middle of nowhere tracking electromagnetic disturbances or something and that that would lead her to Desmond.  And I'm still thinking Widmore meant something significant when he told Desmond that he wasn't the one who had a problem with Des.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
I have been saying it for years now that the island was Widmore's at one time and Ben took it from him, thats why Widmore wants it back so bad. He can not find it and he knows what it is capable of. I just wanted to go back on record as saying it was Widmore's island, maybe even paid for it's building on the island for Hanso/Dharma....

now I am happy agian..... ;)

Offline DoomSter

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
A Q: what did Widmore mean when telling Ben " I KNOW WHO U ARE BOY, I KNOW *WHAT* U ARE " ???

what is Ben? really....a demon?
just a thought.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if Penny is evil.  I'm not convinced that the Black Rock book led Widmore to the island.  I'm wondering Penny told her dad where the island was since it seems weird how she had these guys out in the middle of nowhere tracking electromagnetic disturbances or something and that that would lead her to Desmond.  And I'm still thinking Widmore meant something significant when he told Desmond that he wasn't the one who had a problem with Des.

I have a theory about Charles and Penny's relationship - but it's a bit wacky: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=7564.0

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
A Q: what did Widmore mean when telling Ben " I KNOW WHO U ARE BOY, I KNOW *WHAT* U ARE " ???

just a thought.

I think he means the purge and killing that he is a bad bad man

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 11:21:04 PM »
Watch this episode again, as Widmore told Benjamin that the island is his and will be again.  He also told Ben he would never find Penny...then he said the hunt is on for the both of us.
The Black rocks log was more than likely not what led him there, it was 1996 in Desmonds last time travel that he purchased the log.

just a thought.

I believe he is refering to his background and what Ben did to get where he is today.  

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »

Watch this episode again, as Widmore told Benjamin that the island is his and will be again.  He also told Ben he would never find Penny...then he said the hunt is on for the both of us.

So, you reckon Penny's on the Island?

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 01:07:15 AM »
I don't have the capacity/knowledge to:
Watch this episode again . . .
yet; but I thought Ben was shaking and/or fumbling with the key once inside the elevator prior to confronting Widmore - or did I misinterpret? Anyone? TIA  :)

*trudges along in 1 flipflop*  :(

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 01:18:11 AM »
I don't have the capacity/knowledge to:
Watch this episode again . . .
yet; but I thought Ben was shaking and/or fumbling with the key once inside the elevator prior to confronting Widmore - or did I misinterpret? Anyone? TIA  :)

*trudges along in 1 flipflop*  :(

Go to ABC.com and watch the episode free there.

I did think he took a little while to find the key, but he had a few keys there.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 01:41:13 AM »
Thanks, JB - am planning on it; just as soon as my poor 2 li'l brain cells can get around what I'm still digesting. Such an awesome epi - ditto this site  :D

Offline NorthShoreOGLost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 02:58:53 AM »
My thoughts on some of the issues in this thread:

"I know what you are boy" was definitely a reference to Ben being a manipulating murderer.

Penny and Daddy poo are now arch rivals, especially after Penny reconnected with Desmond after he went missing.  She's in love with Desmond more than ever.  Plus she knows her daddy hates him so all the more reason for them to be at odds.  I think the tracking station in the snow was part of Penny's efforts to find Desmond before Widmore does b/c she knows what her daddy's all about.

To me, Widmore being Ben's constant is a no doubter (thus, the reference to not being able to kill him).  This could explain so much!

A buddy of mine really believes that everything will fall into place with the entire LOST story as we find out more and more about what happened in Ben's life between boyhood and the present.  So much missing - and I seriously doubt the missing time period was filled with lounging around on the couch at "bookclub"!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »
I wonder what was causing Widmore to have nightmares to the degree he needed to keep scotch next to his bed?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 06:35:51 AM »
Maybe Ben & Widmore can't kill each other because they are each other's constant!
Your constant is something you care a lot about.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 08:36:33 AM »
I wonder what was causing Widmore to have nightmares to the degree he needed to keep scotch next to his bed?

I innitially thought this meant Widmore had been to the Island and was having nightmares much the same as Jack (S03 finale). Maybe Widmore's desire to return to the Island is deeper than just wanting to take it back but if he has been to the Island maybe it (or Jacob) is willing him to return, only Ben is stopping him. I cant think of any other reason why he would refer to having nightmares to his sworn enemy.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »
We need a Widmore flashback!!