Author Topic: The Secret room within the secret room and was smokey hiding in the closet?  (Read 9860 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret room within the secret room and was smokey hiding in the closet?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »

As for Dharma they built on those areas on purpose.  Maybe alluding to one thing to the non-crucial personell, but there ultimate goal was to harvest and "exploit" what was on the island.  To who's advantage we will know soon enough.

As for Ben, not a fan of the character, but he had help learning things and from the islands own, Richard et al.  Ben does what he does for the island, there is no doubt and perhaps even though Dharma's intent was not malicious, overall the "true natives" had a different perception.

Sorry still do not believe this has anything to do with Aliens.

I do believe this is of a "spiritual" nature however one perceives that.  Actually I much prefer the calendar theory  ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »
Not sure if Dharma was trying to exploit the island. I believe they wanted to use it for good, but could not or would not involve the Others who wanted to keep the island pure.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »
Not sure if Dharma was trying to exploit the island. I believe they wanted to use it for good, but could not or would not involve the Others who wanted to keep the island pure.

I was using the term "exploit" more in the sense of development, make use of, make the most of as opposed to taking advantage.

I would hope their intent was for the greater"good" but the one element we miss to substantiate this is who funded them?  It is apparent this island was picked for the "natural" resources or "supernatural" resources it held.

Dharma would have to be somewhat duplicitous about what the true intent was or how would they get people to come there and work?

Juggy you are right the "others" were allegedly causing issues with Dharma, ergo the fence.  I also think that Smokey was there when they Dharma crew was there, I am 99.9% positive about this.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:50:42 PM by Lil »