Author Topic: Teleportation?  (Read 9604 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Teleportation?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
If your theory is true I will stop watching the show instantly. The island may Not let you die, but it does not make you invincible. This is not Heroes where bones are instanly fixed.      

Juggy, you will not stop watching the show, I think we all know this. But thanks for the words of encouragement.

You admitted you were going out on a limb, so you can not get sensitive about it. I will turn off the show, quit the site and throw away all of my box sets of lost if he jumped out of a plane and landed in there.

We'll see about that.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
---Repost from other thread---

So we know that a polar bear made it there and Ben had a coat when he got there, So we can make a huge jump and say that the teleport station is located in the giant Dharma freezer where the polar bears live. While trying to leave, he was attacked by a polar bear who cut his right arm and scared him(teeth chattering) so thats why he missed his destination both chronologically and geographically.

This makes as much sense as any other theory I have heard, Now prove me wrong.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2008, 02:26:11 PM »
---Repost from other thread---

So we know that a polar bear made it there and Ben had a coat when he got there, So we can make a huge jump and say that the teleport station is located in the giant Dharma freezer where the polar bears live. While trying to leave, he was attacked by a polar bear who cut his right arm and scared him(teeth chattering) so thats why he missed his destination both chronologically and geographically.

This makes as much sense as any other theory I have heard, Now prove me wrong.

There are theories on this site that cannot be backed up with factual proof, but still make sense (and some would make for a great storyline) and then there are those like yours above (I hope you were kidding!) that contain as much fact (none) but are far from making sense.  Sorry, just my opinion.  We should be able to share our theories here and if they fall short on logic, there are many here who will politely point out the holes.  I don't mean to be insulting but it sounded to me like you were mocking someone elses ideas.  Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 04:42:44 PM »
Let's keep in mind what we know from Ben's California Closet.  He travels with style and panache.  His itinerary was likely well thought out, and his wardrobe chosen, appropriate for the conditions of the trip.  This lends support to the conclusion that he teleported, as had he known he'd be leaping from a plane, he'd have worn a jumpsuit, a parachute, etc.

As to the coincidence of Ben happening upon the two Bedouins immediately upon arriving, I think it highly likely that Widmore knows about the potential teleport locations, and hired these two to intercept anyone who comes through.  However, knowing that it would likely be Ben teleporting, Widmore likely left orders to apprehend, and not shoot to kill.  Unfortunately for them, they are Bedouins, not trained in the sneaky art of warfare that Ben is good at.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
I like Lion's idea here, possibly better than what I am about to write, hehe

but could his arrival been heralded by some sort of disturbance i.e. noise, flash, combination of the two to alert the Bedouins whom were nearby?

Possibly on the look out on Widdy's orders, possibly just some random Piratey guys roaming around....Piratey like.....

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »
I like LOA's idea too!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2008, 04:16:50 AM »
Let's keep in mind what we know from Ben's California Closet.  He travels with style and panache.

I didn't like his hat.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2008, 05:34:42 AM »

I like the idea travelling is cold... hence the jacket... but surely he would have a civilian jacket from his 'Ben-drobe' (I just made that up, lol), a nice Regatta number with extra pockets for his pocketrocket... why wear a Dharma jacket with someone else's name on unless you were leaving in a hurry, or didn't know you were about to leave.... Dharma is supposed to be a secret - wearing the corporate wardrobe while transposrting seems a bit of a silly idea really...
Maybe he was borrowing Halliwax's jacket on island and was not completely prepared for transporting...

he seems surprised to have that cut on his arm.. must have happend in transit, or at the instant he left - making the transporting time quick and instantaneous. That'll prolly make you vom for sure...

IMHO it was a flash forward of him transporting from 2005 to 2005 just a location shift.. he was just checking the date to make sure he didn't travel in time too because the process is unstable.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »
If your theory is true I will stop watching the show instantly. The island may Not let you die, but it does not make you invincible. This is not Heroes where bones are instanly fixed.       

Juggy, you will not stop watching the show, I think we all know this. But thanks for the words of encouragement.

You admitted you were going out on a limb, so you can not get sensitive about it. I will turn off the show, quit the site and throw away all of my box sets of lost if he jumped out of a plane and landed in there.
Can I have your mod spot? ;)