Author Topic: "I See You've Been Getting More Sun" WTF?  (Read 12683 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: "I See You've Been Getting More Sun" WTF?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 12:21:23 PM »
You came up with it independently. I think that's all that counts!! And you could still be right about it's heading for colder climes.

Imagine if Season Five has a sort of 'Empire Strikes Back' look and feel about it... I'll be really disappointed if I'm wrong!
The island is not Hoth. ;)

Not yet, it isn't"  :)
I'll wait for the star wars vehicles to appear before I agree with you ;D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »
Imagine if Season Five has a sort of 'Empire Strikes Back' look and feel about it... I'll be really disappointed if I'm wrong!

Not yet, it isn't  :)
I'll wait for the star wars vehicles to appear before I agree with you ;D

Now this is interesting...

It's an interview with Damon and Carlton on E!Online. Read Carlton's last comment.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b13448_claire_dead_are_they_really_time.html

I know he's talking about the feel of Season Five but maybe it's another massive clue.

:)

Edited because the damned URL at E!Online changed!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:01:35 PM by MangoBingo »

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »
Good job, Mango. We have speculated about this before, see below, but nobody has taken it very seriously as far as I know. I remember a discussion on this topic back last summer, in fact, but can't find those posts now.

Oh.

Oh, well. I guess I wasn't the first to propose that the island can move geographically - but the first to relate Widmore's "more sun" comment to the phenomenon.

This is close  to the right bearing...methinks thy shouldeth continueth to paddle...

row row row your boat...gently through the vortices...merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a....flash...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 08:39:01 PM »
Interesting turn of phrase from the co-executive producer, Jean Higgins, in an interview with TV Guide...

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Tv-Previews/Lost-Finale-Preview/800039681

Remember the time you couldn't figure out how to move that sofa from one room to another? Lost co-executive producer Jean Higgins feels your pain. And then some. Right now, she's preparing to move an entire island. After all, that's what Christian Shephard advised Locke to do in the May 8th episode. Though Higgins isn't at liberty to reveal how such a feat will be attempted, she will say that it calls for a new set piece — and "a very interesting" one at that. "It will be cool," she adds, proudly.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 04:19:50 PM »
Going back to your original post-

So, the fact that Widmore's freighter found the island and then when Ben moves it, because of the attacks etc.  He,Ben ends up in the middle of the desert, finds the hotel where he has standing reservations, asks what day it is because when he moved the island he also moved himself!

So it would make sense about the asking about his coloring, though he did say he was in Iraq.

I think I drank the kool aid MB cause your original post almost makes sense now.

Though the time movement wasn't not years but months. Because if this makes any sense at all, when they were on the freighter it was Christmas Eve and so as days move or not on the island by the time they leave it is at least New Years Eve.

Though, the way Sayid spoke it sounded as if he was home a lot longer than that.

Well,....interesting.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »
I think I drank the kool aid MB cause your original post almost makes sense now.

It's more simple really...

01. Ben moves the Island to an Arctic location. Widmore doesn't know exactly where the Island is now located, only that it's gone from a tropical climate to colder climes;

02. When Ben appears in Charles' bedroom, Charles comments on Ben's complexion because the Island would not be conducive to gaining a tan in its current non-tropical position.

Pass the Kool Aid!

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
It can't move to a cold location. As someone else pointed out it'd mean the characters, male and female, would have to wear clothes that actually cover them up!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2008, 04:23:59 PM »

It's more simple really...

01. Ben moves the Island to an Arctic location. Widmore doesn't know exactly where the Island is now located, only that it's gone from a tropical climate to colder climes;

02. When Ben appears in Charles' bedroom, Charles comments on Ben's complexion because the Island would not be conducive to gaining a tan in its current non-tropical position.

Pass the Kool Aid!
Although we don't know the new location of the island, I would highly doubt it would be moved to the arctic in the dead of winter (New Years). Not enough Parkas.

Also, How the flip would Charles know the location of the island? I don't even think Ben knows the location.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
Exactamundo...

I think the cold environ of the "cave behind the wall" answered rather adroitly the reason for the parka.

F. Bacon

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »
Exactamundo...

I think the cold environ of the "cave behind the wall" answered rather adroitly the reason for the parka.

I know!

:(

I'm gutted!!!

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2008, 12:25:22 AM »
no need for unhappiness...

the fun of speculation is just that, FUN, and yer one of the crazy logical ones...

I'd follow you down the rabbit hole...long as you do not mind a
nonsense spouting ex-Texan with only a few unassuming peccadilloes following and
occasionally stopping hither and thither to satisfy a few minor OCD issues... ;D

also, you may turn out to be right nonetheless... ;)

F. Bacon

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »
I'd follow you down the rabbit hole...long as you do not mind a
nonsense spouting ex-Texan with only a few unassuming peccadilloes following and
occasionally stopping hither and thither to satisfy a few minor OCD issues... ;D

also, you may turn out to be right nonetheless... ;)

I love you!  :)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
You came up with it independently. I think that's all that counts!! And you could still be right about it's heading for colder climes.

:-X