Author Topic: can anyone put together an all inclusive timeline???  (Read 14865 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone put together an all inclusive timeline???
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
i'm super excited to see this once its done.. :D

especially with the flashes intertwined as part of the time line!

A few more volunteers would help make that become a reality! ;)

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
i can try to put some input in.. but i'm in my last semester of college and times are hectic.. lol

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 01:11:18 AM »
If anyone has any xml, json, php, html, css skills they want to contribute, that would be good to know. Most the help needed will be in the form of data collection (collecting images, descriptions, etc. along with working on the timeline justification thread) and data entry.

Right now, I'm thinking it will be all mysql backended, and will use JSON to transmit data to the timeline script. I've never used JSON before though, so I'm reading up on it now. Doesn't seem too difficult.
This post is over my head so far that I'm ashamed to even quote it.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »
We are getting closer with the new system, it should be in test mode this week. So, most the help we'll need is keying data in and helping do research on the LOST timeline (see the justification thread).

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »
You should see the white board in my house--scribbled all over with LOST information.  I started drawing up a time-line as an example for my husband after the first episode this season.  I was trying to explain to him how time traveling was working on LOST (lol....I know, right?)
The time line I was trying to create only had to with Daniel and Desmond--and showing the jumps in their subconscious.  Talk about an O.M.B. (ouch, this time) moment.

It got really messy really quickly.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 08:12:05 PM »
I know what you mean Hatch Monkey (awesome name, btw - HERE). Even the regular non-time-travel timeline is hard to figure out (see the timeline justification topic).

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »
HERE).

The time was running out as soon as I opened the link.  ::) ..how crazy is it that my heart started pounding really fast!? lol

I hope you realize I will never be able to close out of that browser now, Sledge.   :P

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 02:01:54 AM »
I really need to update that with the glyphs and stuff. Add a score table, etc.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
Just an update... THIS DEMO is now database driven. Events are entered into a database via web form, then output to a static JSON formatted file. That file is loaded into the demo timemap page, and the data appears on the timeline and map. There's a little bit of debugging left to do, but it is really close to being ready for full on data entry. Still looking for volunteers to help us insert data.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
Just an update... THIS DEMO is now database driven. Events are entered into a database via web form, then output to a static JSON formatted file. That file is loaded into the demo timemap page, and the data appears on the timeline and map. There's a little bit of debugging left to do, but it is really close to being ready for full on data entry. Still looking for volunteers to help us insert data.

Sledge, that is going to be so awesome.  Wow.  The only thing I could help with is watching the episodes to account for flashes and other events in the timeline.  If you need any help like that, let me know.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

whoa! That's awesome! Locke wasn't born six months early tho... lol

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
Is it possible to have it open and archived like Wikipedia? That way if someone screws with it, we can revert.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
ok i'm ready to assist now lol.. LET'S DO THIS.