Author Topic: What would you do if stranded in the LOST universe ...  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Interactivelands

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
What would you do if stranded in the LOST universe ...
« on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »
Hello everyone. I just wanted to make you all aware of a website that I have been putting together for the fans of LOST. And to calm some fears, its purpose is not to replace your dedication or time you have with other forums, but to be a companion with other LOST social networking sites.

The site is called Interactivelands. The purpose of this site is to allow the fans to create their own scenerios based on the premise that they are part of the survivors of flight 815, and they do this through their writings in journals. It has a very blog-ish feel to it, but instead of just writing about what you feel or think, its more of a community effort by writing in conjunction with the other members of the site.

For example, I would write an entry outlining my day on the island. I picked some berries, hunted a boar with Locke, fixed a leak in my tent, etc. You, as a journal member, could read my entry and write an entry of your own in your own journal about how you saw me on the beach talking wtih Locke and was wondering what we were talking about. Maybe you write about seeing Locke giving me a knife. The point is, all members of the site feed off of each other and thus, creating a virtual world within the premise of LOST. I think it would be fun to see how all of our imaginations come together to create this virtual world.

Before I give a brief description of the site, I do want to acknowledge that the site is in BETA and is in need of testing, so a part of this thread is to ask for some volunteers to start the journaling with. If you would like to be creative and express your thoughts on what you would do if you were in the situation that Jack, Locke, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, etc are in, please email me or go to the site and register:

http://lost.interactivelands.com
support@interactivelands.com

Here's a description of what Interactivelands is. It is a flash-based site with an overhead view of (a part of) the island. There are 3 types of users: Guest, Member, and Journal Member. Guests are automatically allowed to walk around the island, chat with other users, play the minigames, comment on journal entries, etc. Members can collect points for various things that you do on the island, assigned a username and recognized by other users of the site, and can participate in island "events". Journal members are regular members, but can set up a tent anywhere on the island (that is walkable) and enter journal entries for the public to read. There are various things you can do ... IM chat with other users, enter the Pearl Station to view video clips of the show, play a Dharma Bus Race game, and hunt the "others" for points. And every once in a while you might run into the smoke creature ...

Granted this site is not graphically high-tech (its more of a zelda-like feel), but the purpose is not to wow with graphics, etc, but to provide a means for LOST fans to express their thoughts on what they would do if crashed landed on an island with weird things like smoke creatures and natives kidnapping people. Get to know your fellow survivor. Be creative. Experience LOST.