Author Topic: Is Alex pregnant?  (Read 20004 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Is Alex pregnant?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »
I thought the glare from Ben was because he's still trying to KEEP her from becoming pregnant.  I didn't notice the "bump," but then again I'm only watching on an 8", black & white during my remodel. :'( 

It's common for a 1st time mom to not "show" until her 2nd trimester, so it very well could have happened before we met Karl in the cages!

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »
If the kids know what happens to pregnant women on the island, and I assume they have to, then why would they risk it.  Have BGT (big gay Tom) pick up a box of Widmore Ribbed on his way back to the island.  Or drop a box of Dharma rubbers with the corn flakes and boxed wine.  I mean Goodwin could have planted his seed in Juliet without protection so there's got to be something there like a machine in the men's room at the recreation facility where you put 50 cents in.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »
If she is pregnant, and Ben noticed, why would he send her to the temple?  Seeing as how the track record for pregnant women is grim on island, if I were Ben, I'd send her off island.  Or something.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
exactly ! Great point lostieloo.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 10:35:01 PM »
My wife speculated this at the very beginning of the episode when Alex is baby-talking to Aaron. The camera pans down to her mid section, and she's clutching her belly. The camera seemed to linger on this shot for a while. That would explain Ben's wry comment about Karl sleeping with his "daughter," and it could be why they were initially forbidden to see each other. Just some food for thought.

I thought the very same thing! This means that Ben will be forced to find a cure to this "no island-babies sickness" if he wants to save Alex.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 12:44:42 AM »
i think she's preggers.  i got the same feeling watching her and karl together, the tummy touch, the baby bump. 

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 02:19:00 AM »
I don't think she's pregnant.  That wouldn't be very dramatic.  He'd send her off the island with his teleportation machine and the problem will be solved.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
Just an observation and I am not trying to be fresh, but why are we obsessed with her being pregnant.  In the great scheme of the show how is this going to affect anything?

She will either be a victim of the freighter folks or her father Ben.  If she is pregnant she has a death sentence as we all know and have repeated.

Perhaps the pan on her stomach was from Ben's line of sight and it reinforced his original intent to keep them apart so she would not be pregnant.

Just a thought..............thank you for your consideration

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »
I didn't really get the pregnant vibe - I thought the shot of her stomach was more to do with karl having his arm round her and ben watching this interaction. Not sure if Ben had anything to do woth the shooters but it didn't surprise me to see Karl and Danielle killed whilst no-one took a quick shot at Alex at the end. I tend to agree with Maxor127, gutterball94 and lostieloo - if Ben had noticed Alex was pregnant then he wouldn't have sent her off into the midst of the island, he would have tried to get her off the island altogether.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »
If she is pregnant, and Ben noticed, why would he send her to the temple?  Seeing as how the track record for pregnant women is grim on island, if I were Ben, I'd send her off island.  Or something.

Unless The Temple IS a way out of the island.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »

Unless The Temple IS a way out of the island.
or maybe he thinks God can help her (at the temple).  or maybe it's all a set up to kill baby making karl and bitch-slapping danielle.

Offline fan of Sawyer nicknames

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 12:53:42 AM »
When I first saw how they held close on the shot of her abdomen, and then the way they had a side view of her holding her stomach, I thought that she might be pregnant, too.  When Ben decided to send her with Karl and Danielle, I was thinking that maybe the Temple was a way OFF the island, and since no one really knew about it (as expressed by Karl), then maybe Ben could successfully get Alex off the Island without having to reveal it to the LOSTIES, regardless of what is going on with the chopper. It seems that Ben has the safety of Alex at heart, no matter what he has done elsewhere.  The mystery of the shootings remains to be seen, but I think that Ben's intentions of sending Alex there were to keep her safe.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
Ben, the thinker, master of the con, mind f****r number 1.
Why does he give a map to the temple?
He could have explained the direction to Rousseau.
Now if they are cought someone will get a map to the sanctuary where all the other others are save.

No save place anymore.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »
I like the idea that the Temple is another way on/off the Island. If it's how Tom got off then Ben's comment that not many know about it would tie in nicely with Tom's comment about only a few being able/allowed to leave.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »
How does Rousseau not know every inch of the island?