Author Topic: Who is the shooter?  (Read 26861 times)

Offline gods_child

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the shooter?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »
no i think it is either an auto gun like in shooter or vantage point OR an other i think carl was rite that ben set them up.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 10:17:41 AM »
This sounds most likely what happened.  Could it be Patchy?  He sure has a knack of surviving!
It would be interesting if Mikhail is alive, because one thing I'm 100% sure didn't survived the grenade: His hand.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »
 :D
And he has sacrificed body parts before.  His eye, for one!

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 10:53:14 AM »
Definately a set up by Ben, though I am not certain that Ben was the shooter. He could have coordinated with an Other.  I think Karl is dead but Rousseau is only wounded.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 11:12:09 AM »
My first thought was Richard...nothing to base it on though. I think Ben wants Alex safe, but the other two killed. I wanted to see the Temple! Guess I will have to wait a few more weeks... ;D

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »
Just a thought, but could it be Eko? I don't remember if he was ever buried, I think he was just left for dead. And Tom did say that the Island won't let you die. Just looking at the screen shot of the shooter, it looks like a possibility.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
I hope Rousseau is still alive too... I was really hoping to see her flashback at some point.

My vote for the shooter is Ben himself.  He gave them the map knowing a shortcut probably didn't lead to anywhere near the temple.  He takes out Karl, and gets Danielle out of his hair and tests his daughters true loyalties.  Which BTW, she failed miserably.
I agree I think it's Ben. It's just his style....that little rat bastard! Rousseau is not dead. She has a connection with the island. She never got sick when all the rest of her team did. She will be back to take care of Ben.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
Eko is dead and buried.

I don't think it's Ben himself. I'm torn between another Ben manipulation sending Karl and Danielle to their deaths at the hands of the Temple folks and Keamy et al from the boat.

When Ben sees Karl with his arm draped low around Alex's back, he is not happy. So send him and that witch who keeps slugging him to their deaths.

Or... Ben really wants Alex safe but inadvertently sends them into danger.

I guess I lean to the latter. If it's Temple types walk up to them, separate Alex from the others, then kill 'em.

Keamy and crew seem more likely to shoot first.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
My vote for the shooter is Ben himself.

I agree.
Alex said that Ben is dangerous.
Karl said he had a bad feeling about Ben sending them away.
Ben said to Michael "what wouldn't a man do for his son?".

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
My vote for the shooter is Ben himself.
Ben said to Michael "what wouldn't a man do for his son?".

after a 2nd viewing this quote from Ben does seem more relevant.

Offline Lost_viewer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »
Okay hear me out, but this is what I think. The scene where Keamy is shooting skeet off the Kahana was a scene of foreshadowing. Why else would they show that scene? Remember what Micheal says to him, "I thought this was a rescue mission". The gun that he was using is an MP5, which has single, 3 round burst and automatic fire, and can have a suppressor mounted on it. It wasn't a sniper b/c he was way too close to use a rifle. In ji Yeon, remember Keamy talking with Lapidus about 'being ready', which I feel was a secret meeting between the 2, and the captain did not know about it.

Now this next part of my theory I am a little more skeptical of: Ben arranged the death of rousseau and Karl, Keamy is Ben's real man on the boat, who can keep tabs on Micheal, and who ends up killing Karl and Rousseau. Why else would Keamy be at that exact location and time? Lapidus ia in no way working for Ben, but is being bossed around by Keamy.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »
Thanks for the update on the weapon.  Yeah, it does seem weird that they would use Michael, who is as flaky as they come, to be their spy. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
I wondered about the choice of Michael too. Ben seems to have a far reaching organization of true believers. You'd expect many of them to be more reliable choices for this mission than Michael....

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »
Keamy, right? he and Lapidus went to go run an "Errand".

How hard is it to shoot a clay pidgeon with and automatic weapon.

how many shots did it take to kill two people.

Im no marksman but......   ::)  c'mon

fits the bill.

I'm with you.  This is part of their errand.  But I don't think Frank is in on the killing - I think he is a good guy.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »
I think I'll jump on board the freighter people shooting Karl and Danielle too.  Then Ben will basically be in the same position as Michael was.