Author Topic: Russeau on Ben's side?  (Read 9163 times)

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Russeau on Ben's side?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »
can anyone calculate how long rosseaus been on the island?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
16 years.

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 02:05:20 PM »
It would not have been outside the realm of possibility for Dharma to have built a place of worship like a temple for their religious staff members to pray at.  Maybe that's why there's a Dharma logo on Ben's map. Or the real temple could simply be close to or next to whatever "church" Dharma may have erected for their team.

Th reason I DO NOT think it's a Dharma station is that it's supposed to be a sanctuary, "the last safe place on the island" from the pesky freighter people who supposedly want to kill everyone on the island once they capture Ben Linus. Widmore's people would most certainly know the location of ALL the Dharma stations on the island therefore, if the Temple was a Dharma station, it would not be a safe place for Ben's people to hide.

Tha's my 2 cents.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
It would not have been outside the realm of possibility for Dharma to have built a place of worship like a temple for their religious staff members to pray at.  Maybe that's why there's a Dharma logo on Ben's map. Or the real temple could simply be close to or next to whatever "church" Dharma may have erected for their team.

Th reason I DO NOT think it's a Dharma station is that it's supposed to be a sanctuary, "the last safe place on the island" from the pesky freighter people who supposedly want to kill everyone on the island once they capture Ben Linus. Widmore's people would most certainly know the location of ALL the Dharma stations on the island therefore, if the Temple was a Dharma station, it would not be a safe place for Ben's people to hide.

Tha's my 2 cents.

Maybe the "Temple" ie "A safe place", is the code name for the location and method they can use to get off the island. (just a wild thought with to much time between shows)

BTW-- How does Locke blowing up the sub fit in  with Tom being off the island visiting Michael? Can it be said for sure, the Sub is not destroyed, or not the only way off the island?

-<Or more likely I start

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »

Tha's my 2 cents.

Maybe the "Temple" ie "A safe place", is the code name for the location and method they can use to get off the island. (just a wild thought with to much time between shows)

BTW-- How does Locke blowing up the sub fit in  with Tom being off the island visiting Michael? Can it be said for sure, the Sub is not destroyed, or not the only way off the island?

-<Or more likely I start
Look in the Timelines thread in the Main Forum, but there was about a week and a half between the last day we saw Tom and the sub explosion. Plenty of time for Tom to galavant.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
Their headed to the temple that Eco and Charlie built.  ;D

No, probably a "temple" built by the island founders at one point.
The shooter I think is a "OTHER" that was guarding a barrier line for the temple. If you noticed they had the same accuracy as the same OTHERS when Jack went to the invisable line in the jungle. They had enough accuracy to hit Sawyer in the ear they could easly shoot Rouso and Karl.

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »
Why is it that all of Ben's "others" know about the temple except for Karl and his own daughter, Alex????? Do they keep that information from kids until a certain age? I can understand Ben not wanting Alex to have that info just in case she were captured, she would not be able to reveal the whereabouts of Ben and the other adults. If Ben wanted Karl dead, why didn't he just have him killed when he was in the cage or in room 23 or whatever; he had plenty of opportunity before now. I really do not think Danielle is dead so I do not think it was Ben's opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. At first I swore that it was Ben who ordered the shooting of both Karl and Rousseau but, the more I think about it, the more I doubt it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
Well as we have learned the innocence of Ben was taken when he went into the temple, therefore you would not want them to know the temple until then.

So innocence is taken but does the island require innocence in the long run?  Therefore taking the young children?