Author Topic: Octagon Global Recruiting?  (Read 58801 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Octagon Global Recruiting?
« on: March 16, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
Before I start, I'll just have to tell you that I'm new to all this. I only really got into Lost about two months ago. I've been watching like three or four episodes a night to try and catch up!

Anyway, if this information is old, please forgive me.

The Hanso Foundation's website seems dormant (and fairly innocuous) but there's a hidden audio message.

If you view the page's source, there's nothing untoward; If you try to analyse Alvar Hanso's over-poetic text, there doesn't appear to be any apparent cryptology; Clicking at random over the embedded Flash applet doesn't offer any surprises...

However, if you right-click the embedded Flash and rewind the applet, there's a strange message. I presume it's from Mittelwerk. Also, once the Flash is rewound, the weird symbols at the bottom of the text disappear - and positioning your mouse around the Flash results in swooshing noises, as if there's hidden links.

Sorry if you all knew this already. I just couldn't find anything on the web referencing this.

What's with the background image on the site as well? It looks like a blurred mushroom cloud!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Octagon Global Recruiting?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »
Oh - there is more stuff buried in that Flash. I just clicked on the text and heard another faint voice.

I don't know which specific word I clicked on. Sorry.

Remember to right-click and rewind the Flash applet first.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
As I'm new, I'm unsure if this should come under "Spoiler Discussion" or "Official Website Discussion". If this is in the wrong place, just lock the thread.

Before I start, I'll just have to tell you that I'm new to all this. I only really got into Lost about two months ago. I've been watching like three or four episodes a night to try and catch up!

Anyway, if this information is old, please forgive me.

The Hanso Foundation's website seems dormant (and fairly innocuous) but there's hidden audio messages.

If you view the page's source, there's nothing untoward; If you try to analyse Alvar Hanso's over-poetic text, there doesn't appear to be any apparent cryptology; Clicking at random over the embedded Flash applet doesn't offer any surprises...

However, if you right-click the embedded Flash and rewind the applet, there's a strange audio message. I presume it's from Mittelwerk. Also, once the Flash is rewound, the weird symbols at the bottom of the text disappear - and positioning your mouse around the Flash results in swooshing noises, as if there's hidden links. I clicked at a random point and heard another faint different voice.

Sorry if you all knew this already. I just couldn't find anything on the web referencing this.

What's with the background image on the site as well? It looks like a blurred mushroom cloud!

Remember to right-click and rewind the Flash applet first.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »
Nice to have you here...if your that behind you may want to do a search on any topic or question you might have...this site is pretty much covered in all aspects...you can probaly find any question through a basic search...dont be afraid to post an idea...but if your that behind, its probably been discussed somewhere here ;D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
dont be afraid to post an idea...but if your that behind, its probably been discussed somewhere here ;D

I caught-up very quickly.  :)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »
Yes, indeedy.  ;)

Offline anavrin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
(.com)  What's that about?

Offline exorcst

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »
I say its a fake website.

There was a stamp on it that said paid for by ABC or something like that.

Offline exorcst

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 12:05:33 AM »
and the site is slow as heck

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »
Yeah, I think it's fake too, but I'm not into that ARG crap so I never check those sites.

Offline exorcst

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 12:08:33 AM »
yeah the bottom of the site says on behalf of the dharma initiative

Offline dot136

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »
I finally got to it, and it said basically what the commercial said. It also asked for an email if you were interested in the program. After you enter your email, it says something like "a representative will be in contact with you shortly."

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »
took a while to load but I put in my email...see what it is all about probably more of TLE

Offline mcgillla

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »
It says the recruitment drive will begin July 24-27, 2008 in San Diego....conveniently the dates and location of Comic-Con.

Offline Medusa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »
It did have the ABC endorsement and the announcer said something like "unpaid jobs".