Author Topic: Octagon Global Recruiting?  (Read 58793 times)

Offline souza3

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Octagon Global Recruiting?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 01:12:55 PM »
Did anyone notice the commercial for Octagon Global Recruiting during the season finale?  I am new to this forum so maybe this is old news but check out http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
for a second there that didn't make sense then realized they merged the threads!  :o :D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MKlj-yxAwUY

If you didn't see the ad or forgot it.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
Here is the backwards math near the end. Seems like some simple calculations there.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
Here is the backwards math near the end. Seems like some simple calculations there.

Simple to you, JB.  Simple to you.  ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »

Simple to you, JB.  Simple to you.  ;D
Bah, it just looks hard. The worst is the integral, but it's basic college level calculus or easier.

Githyankee

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
Hello,

I was just recording my DVR episdodes of LOST to DVD, and noticed something:
  Have you seen the last commercial before the Season Finale' closed?

Go visit www.OCTAGONGLOBALRECRUITING.com for "Job Opportunities from July 24 - July 27, in San Dieago, CA

This is a false advertizement to join a nonpaid position with the Dharma initiative.

How Cool!

Joey D

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »
 Welcome Githyankee! Yup, we know.  :)
I have tivo and I have been wanting to put my lost episodes that I have saved on it to dvd. but It seems like it might be complicated.  :-\

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
I have tivo and I have been wanting to put my lost episodes that I have saved on it to dvd. but It seems like it might be complicated.  :-\

I do that all the time. I now have all of season 3 and 4 on dvds I made myself so that I have them  at hand until the box set comes out, and so that when my friends want to borrow my copy I don't have to worry about seeing my $50 investment disappear out the door. lol.

it's not too difficult, once you get the hang of it.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »

I do that all the time. I now have all of season 3 and 4 on dvds I made myself so that I have them  at hand until the box set comes out, and so that when my friends want to borrow my copy I don't have to worry about seeing my $50 investment disappear out the door. lol.

This is my goal. how did you learn how to do it? Maybe you could point me in the right direction?  :-\ 

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »

This is my goal. how did you learn how to do it? Maybe you could point me in the right direction?  :-\ 

honestly I think I just read the instructions that came with the dvd recorder. I'm not that good at winging it. I'm sure the first part is to make sure there is a wire going from "video out" port on the tivo and into the "video in" port on the recorder. Then my recorder has 3 settings, Ext1 means I'm watching a movie, Cam1 means its a feed from separate holes that are on the front of the recorder. So to record I need it to be on Ext2 (your mileage, or settings, may vary) Then I put in the blank dvd, choose the speed (I always set it for 2x so I can get 3 epis on with the commercials edited out). Then I make sure I am watching the tivo/tv and not the dvd. I start the show and hit the record button on the dvd remote. When I get to the commercial I hit pause on the dvd remote, and FF thru the commercials on the tv remote, repeat until the end of the show and then hit stop.... and thats probably more detail than you needed but thats how I do it. lol

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2008, 06:31:12 PM »
Thank you so much!  :D (Never too many details!!!!! ) That sounds easy enough!!!!! I was thinking you did it through the computer. I think that might be harder.

Githyankee

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
Actually, recording from DVR is very simple (for me)

I hit "Play" on my DVR, and hit "Record" on my DVDRecorder.  (It's a Sony DVD/VCR combo unit.)

The only thing I can't stand about it is that it has a built-in Copyright Protection Dectection, that doesn't allow me to record HBO or certain video tapes to DVD.    :(

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »

I hit "Play" on my DVR, and hit "Record" on my DVDRecorder.  (It's a Sony DVD/VCR combo unit.)

well, now that it's all  set up that's what I do too, but I wanted to explain how to make sure it's  set up ...

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »
I have the opposite combo unit! it's a dvd vcr and it records Cd's to VHS. ha ha. got it about 7 yrs ago. that's like 14 yrs in electronics yrs. lol. So I CAN record dvd's to tape (unless there is a copy write ) but not to dvd. and I can record my tivo shows but only on to VHS. and only in real time so if the show is an hour it will take an hour. ahh. so I thought I would hook my tivo up to my computer and do it that way, but omg it is no very simple. I guess if I really took the time I can do it but I don't know if I want to start messing with stuff I don't know about and get all  frustrated. but I probably should because that is the only way you learn.
Thank you castawaycayley and githyankee for all the info. maybe I'll just borrow yours! (lol)  ;)