Author Topic: A Beautiful Episode  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: A Beautiful Episode
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 05:25:27 AM »
It was ok... the freighter scenes are really the only parts I enjoyed, the rest just seemed like filler to me.  The production is always top notch, but the story itself just didn't do it for me.  Especially the whole Sun wanting to go to Locke's camp and not trusting Juliet thing.  Kate's stupidity is rubbing off on Sun now.  And I thought mixing the flashbacks and flashforwards was a cheap trick to deceive the audience.  I don't mind surprises, but that was purposely deceptive and served no purpose except to fool us.  Some people will say it shows how much Jin has changed since they came to the island, but we don't know what he'd be like after the island.  That would've been an even better twist, Jin being Paik's lackey again after getting back.

But the freighter stuff was intriguing.  I'm looking forward to next episode.

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »
i agree that this was a great episode. i think the writers and producers are on top of thier game.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
It was ok... the freighter scenes are really the only parts I enjoyed, the rest just seemed like filler to me.  The production is always top notch, but the story itself just didn't do it for me.  Especially the whole Sun wanting to go to Locke's camp and not trusting Juliet thing.  Kate's stupidity is rubbing off on Sun now.  And I thought mixing the flashbacks and flashforwards was a cheap trick to deceive the audience.  I don't mind surprises, but that was purposely deceptive and served no purpose except to fool us.  Some people will say it shows how much Jin has changed since they came to the island, but we don't know what he'd be like after the island.  That would've been an even better twist, Jin being Paik's lackey again after getting back.

But the freighter stuff was intriguing.  I'm looking forward to next episode.

I LOVED the mix of Sun/Jin flashforward/flashback...and wasn't that baby adorable!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »
That baby was absolutely perfect.  Even in jello/cottage cheese!  :D

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
great effin post!!

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
Great post, Laklost, as always.

And by the way, this was the 2nd tear-jerker in three weeks -- the way they had Desmond and Penny connecting across time had me as well.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »
Yeah, that got me big time too

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »
And you know, it's the emotion of some of these episodes that make them so great, in my mind.  This show can be so weird and twisted, but it can also be so human.

dizzyb

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 06:53:11 PM »
Only a beautiful person can truely appreciate and communicate beaty like you - w00t w00t Lorie - Juggy was right - this shoulda been up on the front page babydoll - your words have inspired me to stop theorising and pausing the show to investigate minutae, but to sit back, relax and let the beauty of LOST wash over me like a warm incoming tide....

love ya sistah!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
Only a beautiful person can truely appreciate and communicate beaty like you - w00t w00t Lorie - Juggy was right - this shoulda been up on the front page babydoll - your words have inspired me to stop theorising and pausing the show to investigate minutae, but to sit back, relax and let the beauty of LOST wash over me like a warm incoming tide....

love ya sistah!
Yeah Becky!  It made me feel that way too!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »

love ya sistah!

We'll hug in '10! (((BEX))))

Relaxing and enjoying the show is still what the makers of it want us to do.  They will get stuff wrong.  Facts might not add up 1,000 percent.  But is the theme, the idea, the POINT of the story getting across.  Loud and clear.

Offline kfunk01

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
  ;D I so totally agree with you and I do absolutly belive that last seen has to indicate that Jin is dead.  Unfortunate but it leaves you wondering how does it happen?  I have also noticed not only in this show but a few others I watch that they seem to be looking more and more like movies...  It is great... But what you said is awesome and rocks... I again totally agree. ;D

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »
i loved finally having Bernard actually contribute something...